Editing.

Scott Murray

Hey Mods can we make this a sticky as I think that we should be able to post a straight out of camera ( low res or ok res ) doesn't matter and see the different editing styles and software. Maybe this would be better under a whole new thread.

This is mine straight out of camera, please feel free to edit. I will place mine here later.

SAM_0030-2.jpg

Jonathan

Interesting idea. I can post all my iffy snaps here and wait for the free editing service!

Why is the cat on a chopping block?

Scott Murray

Interesting idea. I can post all my iffy snaps here and wait for the free editing service!

Why is the cat on a chopping block?
Hmmm no iffy snaps, the idea is that you edit my photo and then go from there. The chopping block actually holds 10Tonne of ship ;) in Zanzibar ;)

weebee

That might work. It would be a good place for newbies to go for ideas/help on picture editing and improving. One question though. After someone else edited the photo who would it then belong to?

Jonathan

Now are we talking a difference in screens because yours looks unnaturally strong on the colors with my screen.

Agreed, but with me it's the colours.

I like that you are now identifying the editing tweaks. Could you also indicate which software on which platform?

mikew_RIP

I think cropped too much to actually see what it is on aswell.

That was deliberate as i considered it to be an uninteresting part of the picture,its great we dont all see things the same

Scott Murray

I guess thats the idea of why I created this thread to see how others would interpret the data and photo and edit accordingly. I think this is invaluable as photographers see things differently and it is good to see that comparison without the bickering or attitude that could be mistaken with feedback. Another stepping stone for our Critique section I hope ( get new comers used to criticising us old farts, )

shungokusatsu29

I used Lightroom 5.3; I gave the first one a 'painted' look, while increasing the clarity, saturation (a tad), and played around with some curves to give that matte look (I am on a matte high, sorry), while messing with the sharpness and noise. And the second one, I did the same but took down the sharpness and noise reduction and grain. Fun! I may post a pic too :DSAM_0030-2.jpgSAM_0030-2-2.jpg

Scott Murray

I used Lightroom 5.3; I gave the first one a 'painted' look, while increasing the clarity, saturation (a tad), and played around with some curves to give that matte look (I am on a matte high, sorry), while messing with the sharpness and noise. And the second one, I did the same but took down the sharpness and noise reduction and grain. Fun! I may post a pic too :DView attachment 61248View attachment 61249
Hate the 1st one and not sure about the 2nd one :)