Cloud Dreaming

Ijustwant1

Hi I would some feedback on this photo,
my intent was to create an atmosphere of dreaming about great adventures,
i am thinking of charging for photos like this and i think its good but what about a critical eye from my peers ! Darcy is less than a month old , spent about two hours and 120 shots ! DSC_3071.jpg

Camera: NIKON D5100
Focal length: 50 mm (equiv. 75 mm)
Aperture: F2.8
Exposure time: 1/160"
ISO speed rating: 100/21°
Program: Manual
Metering Mode: Pattern
White Balance: Auto
Flash: Flash did not fire

Last edited:

Moab Man

The baby is a little dark and red to me. However, monitors are such an evil thing that I would suggest getting a print done at a photography shop and you be the final judge.

Here is my edit. Lightened the shadows of the baby and brought down some of the red and slightly burned the suitcase pushing it a little more brown. I also got rid of the empty space in the upper right and added a slight bit of extra space at the bottom (click the picture to see the white that was added, you only see it in the picture viewer). Didn't like the babies face right in the middle and all that empty space I cropped out.

Sorry if there is a little babbling in that explanation - extremely tired and should be sleeping right now.

BabyDreamEdit.jpg

Maybe a slight flash to the left of the baby to light the child up a bit and get a little catch light in the eye. However, if like Bill said, you could convince the baby to go to sleep like that it would be perfect!

Last edited:

Bill16

I'm not qualified to give a pro type critique. But from what you posted about dreaming, I think the baby being awake ruins the shot for me. If the baby was asleep I think it would work much better. I also think the baby's head is covered up too much, hiding some of the cuteness in the shot.
But like I said, I'm not a pro and others might have a much different opinion. :)

fotojack

I'm not qualified to give a pro type critique. But from what you posted about dreaming, I think the baby being awake ruins the shot for me. If the baby was asleep I think it would work much better. I also think the baby's head is covered up too much, hiding some of the cuteness in the shot.
But like I said, I'm not a pro and others might have a much different opinion. :)

You got all the points right, Bill. Exactly what I thought about the shot, too.

wud

It's good! I like the title but I am thinking dreaming about going on a trip/out flying. Cute head gear!

Agree with Moab Man about the edit :)

I love the background, you really managed to get a soft and dreamy look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk