Advice on buying - Ebay or other.

dongle

hi all - would kindly appreciate some advice on buying a red D3200.

presently i have 2 options:

1) ebay - red camera + 18/55mm +55/200mm @ £399.00 however the listing states as follows:

"Brand New in original packing
Japan Version - Only English & Japanese Display
please Download User manual from Nikon Web Site"

2) jessops - red camera + 18/55mm @ £339.00 (£309.00 with £30.00 cashback but to be applied for)

thank you

You do not say where you are from so it is a difficult to answer your question. You want to make sure you have a Nikon warranty in the country you live in and many of these don't. If you have a problem with the camera you may not even be able to get it repaired.

Jonathan

i just bought a D7100 body off eBay, with a Korean manual. I am not concerned as long as it works. It does, a treat. I assume you are in England so the eBay version will work for you as English display is available. Manuals are two a penny, or just buy a non-Nikon how-to book for your model (which is what I did). I'm not sure why you need advice.

Well I would bet the one from JApan (Ebay seller) would not be covered with a Nikon Warranty. You might want to ask about the Jessops one. I am not familiar with them.

Jonathan

Call me stoopid, but when buying second-hand I'm not to worried about warranties. I want as low a price as possible and, for something this well engineered, I kind of assume it's going to work. If it doesn't than I have recourse against the seller.

weebee

Which ever way you choose to go pay with paypal, That way you are protected in the event the item doesn't arrive. Or it is not as described.

mikew_RIP

Do you check the sellers feed back,have they a lot of sales under there belt,are they a shop with premises open to the public,if these questions get positive answers then it may be worth buying from them,feedback can be adjusted at the sellers request but i think its only something like 3 per 1000,if they have something like 99.4 % positive look at the feed back and see why,some of the negative and neutral feedback's are pathetic to say the least.

This is an example of the type of seller i deal with on ebay,not 100% positive feed back but very close from a lot of buyers

NIKON D700 BODY - USED - 12 MONTHS WARRANTY - UK DEALER - 27,000 ACTUATIONS 0001820825446 | eBay