December 2013 Monthly Assignment: Holiday Theme

Status
Not open for further replies.

gqtuazon

Gear Head
As probably anticipated, in celebration of the up coming Holidays, our monthly photo assignment is about the Holiday theme. However you want to interpret it whether you live up North or in Europe where your landscape is full of snow or summer time to our friends down under and in the tropics. Be creative and I expect something that can be printed to a post card. So, go out there, share your best work and have some fun!

xmas 027 by gqtuazon, on Flickr

Your image(s) MUST BE TAKEN DURING THE MONTH OF December 2013.

Assignments are designed to help you grow your photography skills and creativity, and have fun doing so. Assignments are to make all of us photographers think outside the box also.

Please post only your best shots and I look forward in seeing your entries.

The Rules

1. Any photo submitted for a monthly assignment must be taken during the month specified in the assignment thread and taken by you! Because not all EXIF data can be verified, we will use the honor system.
  2. Photos must be posted to the thread in order to be considered for the challenge. Links to photos will not be considered an entry.
  3. Only three photo entries per member, for each assignment, unless otherwise indicated.
  4. Assignments will be judged solely by the panel. Individual voting via post "likes" will be incorporated into the final selection of the winning photo.
  5. Judging criteria is based on the Twelve Elements of a Merit Image.
  6. The panel will select 5 shots to be displayed in the Monthly Challenge forum and homepage of the site.

There will be no cash or prizes awarded for the Weekly Challenge, unless specifically noted by the site administrator.

Any photo will be accepted for the assignment. Edited/straight out of the camera, it does not matter. You are left with complete freedom to do whatever genre of photography you wish to do, and your own interpretation of the assignment subject.

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
As probably anticipated, in celebration of the up coming Holidays, our monthly photo assignment is about the Holiday theme. However you want to interpret it whether you live up North or in Europe where your landscape is full of snow or summer time to our friends down under and in the tropics. Be creative and I expect something that can be printed to a post card. So, go out there, share your best work and have some fun!

xmas 027 by gqtuazon, on Flickr

Your image(s) MUST BE TAKEN DURING THE MONTH OF December 2013.

Assignments are designed to help you grow your photography skills and creativity, and have fun doing so. Assignments are to make all of us photographers think outside the box also.

Please post only your best shots and I look forward in seeing your entries.

The Rules

1. Any photo submitted for a monthly assignment must be taken during the month specified in the assignment thread and taken by you! Because not all EXIF data can be verified, we will use the honor system.
  2. Photos must be posted to the thread in order to be considered for the challenge. Links to photos will not be considered an entry.
  3. Only three photo entries per member, for each assignment, unless otherwise indicated.
  4. Assignments will be judged solely by the panel. Individual voting via post "likes" will be incorporated into the final selection of the winning photo.
  5. Judging criteria is based on the Twelve Elements of a Merit Image.
  6. The panel will select 5 shots to be displayed in the Monthly Challenge forum and homepage of the site.

There will be no cash or prizes awarded for the Weekly Challenge, unless specifically noted by the site administrator.

Any photo will be accepted for the assignment. Edited/straight out of the camera, it does not matter. You are left with complete freedom to do whatever genre of photography you wish to do, and your own interpretation of the assignment subject.

Question: are we supposed to upload one photo per post (so a max of 3 posts)?

AxeMan - Rick S.

DSC_5700.jpg

Never too old for Santa

(She's 93)

It's not creative, it's not a post card, but too cute not to enter.

1 of 3

Horoscope Fish

Question: are we supposed to upload one photo per post (so a max of 3 posts)?
Yes, please. A maximum of three shots with each submission in its own post.

We ask you to do it this way because it makes reviewing the photos in the entire thread much easier.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
First entry, D700, 85 1.8 @1.8, iso 1500

Festive.jpg

Last edited:

Lawrence

Entry #1.

Couldn't resist taking this photo of a digger and driver in the street today - working in the spirit of Christmas.
This is part of a nationwide installation of extra fast broadband.

Merry Christams Digger LOL.jpg

thegaffney

Here is mine, its a photo I did for my works facebook page

Found a large box, stuck my umbrellas on either side, told people to get in and be silly. Then added them all together in photoshop and put a bow on it. The child and the lady on the second row from the bottom on the far left were photoshopped into a box since the lady couldn't physically get in, and child wasn't there.

Each picture was at f/6.3 iso 400 and 1/100 on a tripod about 50 feet away with my 70-200 lens. And 2 SB-600 flashes with reflective umbrellas on each side about 4 feet away
Wanted to get as little of the sides of the box as possible so didn't use my wide lens.

​It was very fun to do

christmas.jpg

Last edited:

nidding

Entry #1
A tired little Christmas girl

...and yes, those are cookie crumbs around her mouth. The holiday season is hard on the little ones, you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.