Project 365 - 2011 AxeMan

AxeMan - Rick S.

I've been doing this just have not posted. Why? If anyone is going to fail at this it's going to be me. I work third shift and I think it's going to be hard for me to shoot photos unless they are at night, and I just don't want to shoot night pictures, however so far I had a lot of luck getting some off during the day. I have also enjoyed everyone else's photos so far and feel it's only far I share, too. So here goes.

DSC_4440.jpg

Day 1
Happy New Year

I had this shot in mind, but turned out cheesy. Original photo subjects were out of focus, used a home made bounce flash card (using on board flash) and not enough light was on them and light was thrown more onto the clock. Retook photo, no bounce card this time, and copy cut, paste subjects into original, add text.

DSC_4461.jpg
Day 2
Angel in shadow box.

DSC_4491.jpg

Day 3
Dimples and Colors

One of my favorite "Models" to shoot, he is so easy to photograph. Once again using the on board flash with unhappy results. This problem should be resolved in a month when I do a major upgrade in Cameras and a Flash unit, it will also involve a learning curve, too.

DSC_4501.jpg

Day 4
Window Decor

A little Pixie my Granddaughter painted for me that hangs in the window next to my computer.

Next photo to be posted late, Have an idea for a night shot, see how it turns out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Carolina Photo Guy

THESE are the shots that cameras were made for! There is nothing more important than family.

BTW Axe. Try and find a cheap survival blanket and use that as a reflector inside a garbage can lid. You will be AMAZED!

Good shootin' Tex.

Pete

Browncoat

Nicely done, sir. And yes, a better flash unit will open up worlds of new possibilities for you. I highly recommend checking out the Strobist site for lots of great info on using remote flash.

AxeMan - Rick S.

DSC_4525.jpg

Day 5
Sparkler

Today's challenge for myself was to photograph a sparkler. 29^ outside a touch of snow in the air and only five sparklers to work with. On number 4 I got a few shots I liked. This is something I want to revisit when it gets a little warmer out.

Browncoat

Nice! When you get your sparklers out again, make another note: Long exposure, and have someone write through the air with one. It looks really cool!

AxeMan - Rick S.

DSC_4536.jpg

Day 6
The Great Fairy Rescue

Well "Tink" saved me on this one today. Enjoyed a day off, slept too much got up late. Woke up and no daylight left, wanted to do an outside shot. Thank god never a shortage of Tinker Bell stuff in the house, so another close up shot.

ohkphoto

Snow White
Rick, I'm so glad you're doing this project! I love your enthusiasm and eagerness to just forge ahead and experiment in photography. Your photos reflect the joy that photography brings you.

My absolute favorite is "dimples and colors" --what a great capture! Talk about "decisive moment" :)

Best Regards

fotojack

It is NOT going well for my Project 365! :( I just can't seem to get motivated with this damned weather we're having! :( I've missed too many days of not shooting to make this project worthwhile for me. :( Gawd I hate winter! :(

ohkphoto

Snow White
Uh-huh. That's what you get for snickering about my "fingerless gloves" for New Mexico ! LOL

Anyway, better late than never, Jack! There's gotta be SOMETHING inside your house that you could photograph? You gotta join the party!! :cool:

AxeMan - Rick S.

DSC_4578.jpg

Day 7
Sugar High

Road trip to the doctor for the wife today, was going to do an outside shot along the way but cloudy and light snow put a damper on that. Took a lot of photo's wish I could keep some for a later date. Stopped off at the Mall on the way home and while window shopping this shot jumped right out at me. Single shot subject, took the shot and walked away. I think it's one of my better shots I've taken with this new lens.

35mm f/1.8G AF-S
Program: Aperture Priority
No flash
f/1.8
Exposure: 1/25
ISO: 100
White balance: Auto
No tripod

Ruidoso Bill

"Day 7
Sugar High

Road trip to the doctor for the wife today, was going to do an outside shot along the way but cloudy and light snow put a damper on that. Took a lot of photo's wish I could keep some for a later date. Stopped off at the Mall on the way home and while window shopping this shot jumped right out at me. Single shot subject, took the shot and walked away. I think it's one of my better shots I've taken with this new lens.

35mm f/1.8G AF-S
Program: Aperture Priority
No flash
f/1.8
Exposure: 1/25
ISO: 100
White balance: Auto
No tripod"

Really neat shot there AxeMan, I also like the colors but the contrast with the blacks just makes everything pop! Thanks for posting.