Hello from Quebec

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Hi, I'm new to this forum. I'm a 58 year old Piano Technician. I used to be a photographer but switched to piano service back in 1977.
The digital got me back to photography as I was literally sick of darkrooms in the old days.Pus, I really enjoy the controls digital gives me.
For now, I have kept my Hasselblad, hoping that one day there will be a full frame digital back for it. If not, it will end up in a glass display (I still think this is a masterpiece of a camera).
I started with the D80, then D90, sold my D80 and just got the D7000. So far, I'm a happy camper with these two.
I'm planning on doing a portrait book of my customers with their pianos. This is my retirement project.
Thanks,

Marcel

Curt

Welcome fellow Canadian. Hope you enjoy the forum. I use a D80 & a D200, love them both.
My up grade to a D7000 in the future. Love to hear how you like it:).

Joseph Bautsch

Hi Marcel and welcome to the Nikonites Community. Yes I know what you mean by sick of the darkroom, more years than I want to count. In any case you'll enjoy the site. Lots of friendly and knowledgable here to discuss photography and especially Nikon cameras and equipment. It will help us to help you if you also list your lenses with the cameras in your profile. And I have to agree the Hasselblad is the masterpiece of photography.

Carolina Photo Guy

Howdy Marcel! Glad you decided to join us! I got to tell you, I am jealous as all get out!

I have wanted a Hasselblad as far back as I can remember! The simplicity and strength of a bridge beam! Probably a 500C.

Back in the day, I had to save for a few years to get a Canon A-1 with a few lenses so a Blad was pretty much out of the question.

Post a pic if its not too much trouble so I can drool again.

Pete

fotojack

Salut, Marcel. Welcome to Nikonites. We hope you enjoy it here and post many photos. Great bunch of Niko-NUTS here to help you in any way we can, and to just talk Nikons. :)

Ruidoso Bill

Hello Marcel and welcome to Nikonites! Like others have said I always wanted but never could afford a Blad, I ended up with a Mamiya when I went to 2 1/4 format.

I still miss the darkroom but could hardly justify the expense anymore, Digital rocks.