FA broken eyepice

D12345678

Just wondering if it should be easy enough to remove a broken viewfinder eyepiece and screw a new one in on an FA ?
I purchased it last week and overall it's in great condition for the price I paid, everything seems to function correctly, apart from the broken glass eyepiece. I just don't want to try and force it off as I may scratch the back of the camera.

Brian

It's just the screw-in eyepiece that broke, or the one actually in the body? The latter is harder to replace-

The screw in one: use a rubber cork, a grommet, or a piece of a mouse pad if it will not come out "fingers" alone.

The one in the body, I've not done one on the FM/FE/FA: The Nikon F2 finder was not hard, others required removing the top plate.

D12345678

Thanks. It's just the screw in one. I removed the broken pieces of glass but couldn't unscrew it with 'average' finger pressure, so I'll try what you're suggesting. I didn't realize till I got the FA that's it's plastic on top rather than metal like the FM/FE etc... as I would have liked to remove the old 'passed' sticker that looks a bit shabby, but am reluctant to try as it may also remove what I assume is the silver paint over the plastic?

Brian

It is possible to cause damage to it- I've seen it happen to other cameras, but do not own an FA. For my FG, I bought it new and left the sticker on it.

D12345678

I removed the sticker carefully, with the help of some cleaning fluid and it came off, without leaving any marks, so that's good, but will be sending it to a repair shop to remove the broken eyepiece as it's firmly stuck!