Wu-1a worth it?

Bob Blaylock

Re: Wu-1a

Is it worth it and has anyone used it with the Galaxy S4.

I don't know how truly useful it is, but it is seriously a cool feature. I have one for my D3200.

It i seriously cool being able to display in real time, on the screen of my Motorola Triumph, what my camera is seeing; and to be able to take pictures that way.

The closest I've come to anything that I could call a practical use has been a few times when I've taken a picture, which I wanted immediately to either post online or send to my wife, and was able to do so without having to wait until I could get to where I had access to a computer to read the images off of the SD card and post or send from there. With the WU-1a, I was able to transfer the picture right from my camera to my cell phone (the aforementioned Motorola Triumph), and then send it from there while still out in the field.

The one thing that worries me about the WU-1a is that it is so tiny, that I am constantly afraid that I will lose it somewhere.

Saw it on adorama refubed for $30 so ill get it .

That's a good deal. The list price is about twice that, and I rarely see them discounted at all; and there's no third-party alternative that I know of.

Last edited:

curley1441

Well my friend got a new 3200 with the WU-1a so I tried it no luck said something about the wifi signal not strong enough . So my refurb came was just going to send it back tried it anyway works great, kind of cool to see what you are shooting on your phone.