Macro camera for jewelry photography

5700user

As the title states im looking for a good macro camera for jewelry photography. My previous camera was a coolpix 5700 which i purchased brand new about 10 years ago and im looking to replace it. after doing some research im thinking of going for either a P520 or L820; both seem to have the same macro focus range and plenty of megapixels. open to anyones suggestions

weebee

I'll chime in on the L820. I have one and so far put close to 600 pictures on it. I love the features on this camera. The macro is very good. And the zoom is fantastic. Here are a few shots from it.

DSCN0497.jpg

weebee

As the title states im looking for a good macro camera for jewelry photography. My previous camera was a coolpix 5700 which i purchased brand new about 10 years ago and im looking to replace it. after doing some research im thinking of going for either a P520 or L820; both seem to have the same macro focus range and plenty of megapixels. open to anyones suggestions

Perhaps someone here has the P520, I don't know that camera.

5700user

the AA batteries is definetly a dealbreaker for me, im sure its a great camera though. Im going to check out a P520 tomorrow and see how it goes

Bill16

I've only tried once at jewelry shots. This is with a D3100 using a 105mm ai micro lens I think it was the 105mm anyway! Lol :D
It would have been much better with a tripod a flash and stuff. But here it is. :)

1374817279844.jpg

weebee

the AA batteries is definetly a dealbreaker for me, im sure its a great camera though. Im going to check out a P520 tomorrow and see how it goes

Why would that be a deal breaker? I have 2300 mHa Energizer batteries in two of my cameras and get better then 450 shots between charges. They are cheaper then OEM Nikon packs too.