5700 issue (shutter wont "click", pictures overexposed)

5700user

Hi,
Im currently having issues with my coolpix 5700. Just alittle background i purchased this camera nearly 10 years ago and its worked up until this point with no issues. I know i should probably upgrade but i like this camera and im used to it so if possible id like to see if these issues can be resolved. Both of the issues i explain below happend yesterday simultaneaously.

the first issue is that that when taking a picture the shutter doesnt "click", even though the shutter doesnt click the camera still takes a picture.

the second issue is that the pictures come out overexposed and blurry. I have attached 2 pictures below for comparison. The first picture is how the pictures came out just a week ago, the second picture is how theyre currently comming out.

4tu8so.jpg

2nuujo4.jpg

im really looking forward to hearing peoples opinions on what may be wrong with the camera. thanks ahead of time

5700user

Ive been going through the manual trying all of the different settings, ive reset the camera settings, formatted the memory card, and still the same issues. Not sure if this is a sensor issue? really hoping someone can give me useful information

There are many great CoolPix cameras. WE have a member here that is very active "Alan" who shoots the Coolpix P510 and he has great shots. The majority of the shooters here do shoot the DSLR Nikons but there are a few that shoot Coolpix so maybe they will chime in.

10 years is a long time in Digital camera years. I think you will be really happy with a Bright Shinny New Nikon under the tree for Christmas.