The Cottage

premc44

I am submitting this photo for your critical comments. Thank you

Attachments

• 20080728-untitled shoot-0105.jpg
    20080728-untitled shoot-0105.jpg
    566.7 KB · Views: 98

Joseph Bautsch

premc44, good exposure, good color, it's a good one third composition. I also like the pastoral scenic view. One of most important parts of a composition is how the lines flow. Over on the right the lines coming down off the hill are flowing down to the right and goes out of the composition. Also there is a line of fence posts coming into the picture from the right, right into the down flowing lines of the hill. This tends to draw the eye to the hill lines which dosen't help. The major point of interest is the house. But it's a little too dark. It's dark brown which dosen't help and dosen't hold your interest. More detail would give it more impact. There is way too much grass in the lower third of the composition. The crest of the rise is cutting off the lower portion of the house which dosen't help the interest impact issue. A few steps up that rise to reduce the amount of grass and include the bottom of the house would improve things greatly. That area around the house is well worth a revisit and taking several recomposed shots.

ohkphoto

Snow White
That area around the house is well worth a revisit and taking several recomposed shots.

I agree with Joseph. The sky and surrounding hills are too much of a distraction from the cottage. I find the cottage really interesting --that's where my eyes WANT to go, but they're being pulled in too many directions. You might do a closer crop of the cottage and PP to put more details into the walls of the building and up the punch a little. This image is worth tweaking.

Best Regards