Using Lightroom between two computers.

Mike150

I'm searching for a lightroom expert. I have LR-2, and currently have a low funding priority for buying the upgrade to 3.

I currently have it installed on my desktop, and my laptop. I use the desktop when I want make edits to the photos. I use the laptop when relaxing and usually for altering metadata.

My problem is a change I make on the desktop does not show up on the laptop and vice-versa. All my photos are on a network drive, and I'm hoping there is a way to save the library (and edits) so that the other computer will recognize them?

Eduard

Super Mod
Staff member
Super Mod
Lightroom is not network enabled. It is the one major shortcoming to the product IMHO. I copy the catalog between machines to keep them in sync. The most popular solution is to use an external HD.

naja

Mike

I agree with Eduard. I had the same problem and so I kept my library on a shared external drive - problem solved.

johnwartjr

That's the only way to do it. Database file has to be local, so the external drive is the only 'easy' option to move from puter to puter.

Don't forget, backup the database files as well as the images, if you lose the database, you lose all your edits!