How would you change the D700?

Whiskeyman

I've had my D700 for a few months and it is now my "reach for" camera. (My other is a D90.) I am simply elated with this camera.

But,if upgrades were available, I'd want the D700 to have an upgraded processor for improved ISO range and performance and sensor resolution of 16-19 MPix.

What would you ask for?

WM

Bill16

I don't know what I would change. Nobody has offered to give me one yet! Lol But I'll keep waiting until someone does, and I will seriously think about it and try to answer your question just as soon as I get it!lol ;)

Whiskeyman

Do your cameras provide you with the quality and the need of what you have now?

Yes for the most part, but I'd love better IQ where the current D700 IQ starts to fall off when I push the ISO too high. And some extra mega-pixels thrown in because I want to print some of my photos a bit larger.

​WM

pedroj

Yes for the most part, but I'd love better IQ where the current D700 IQ starts to fall off when I push the ISO too high. And some extra mega-pixels thrown in because I want to print some of my photos a bit larger.

​WM

How big do you want to print them...

Whiskeyman

I know it's possible, but I'm not shooting under optimum conditions. And I know I'll just have to live with what I have in my D700, but it's interesting to get others' ideas about it.

​WM

rocketman122

the D3/D700 is the same sensor and its top performance high iso stops at 6400. the d3s and d4 are the same sensor imo, with the D4 just being tweaked with more MP.

I would of loved video capabilities and 2 card slots. other than that its perfect. the d600 has better resolving power and better low iso (just a smidge) performance at iso 6400. but not higher than 6400 iso. after that the chroma noise is just horrible.

Sambr

I like it just the way it is. I have shot corp. photos for our firm in which were used for bill board advertising. I still use the D700 what a joy with those 12mp files

rocketman122

yes, a top notch camera and still relevant today. for me, as a wedding pro, I would love to have the iso capabilities of the D3s/D4. but we are spoiled. iso 6400 on the D700/D3 is like 1600 in the film era. the D3s is just out of my reach at the moment since I just bought tons of gear.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
I just love it, period. For my use, 12mp is enough and the high iso use is great. I find the images taken with this camera just glow, I don't know if it's the way the files are processed or if the combination of mp and pixel size is just right, but I think it's a fantastic camera to own and operate.

gqtuazon

Gear Head
I've had my D700 for a few months and it is now my "reach for" camera. (My other is a D90.) I am simply elated with this camera.

But,if upgrades were available, I'd want the D700 to have an upgraded processor for improved ISO range and performance and sensor resolution of 16-19 MPix.

What would you ask for?

WM

For leisure shots, I would like to try the Df. Specs are good for me.

Sent from my iPhone.