D90 CA correction ability

Alokchitri

Hello everyone
After using my trusted and still working F601QD for nearly 14 years, I have just received my first D-SLR NIKON D90 and bought the NIKON AF-D 18-55G DX VR lens separately. I went out with the camera on 1st Jan and took some shots with it. The Picture Profile used was VIVID Custom, sharpness increased to 6 and Saturation to by +2 from default profile value (in Camera). I shot in RAW+Basic JPEG mode.To my dismay, I found that both the RAW as well as JPEG both have Chromatic aberration! Now according to the dpreview.com, D90 has a inbuilt CA correction capability.
Could any one please tell me how I can turn this feature on? I tried both the Camera menu as well as the Manual, but I was unable to find any way to do that.
I am interested in stock photography, so having CA in my photographs is a strict no-no. Could some one please guide me how I can remove CA in Capture NX2?
Please find the JPEGs shot with RAW. The first one is the image in question. Others are for your observation and analysis. Both are saved to 60% quality (balanced option in CNX2).

Attachments

• DSC_0352_PP.jpg
    DSC_0352_PP.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 554
  • DSC_0353_2.jpg
    DSC_0353_2.jpg
    497.7 KB · Views: 498

Joseph Bautsch

I've been using the D90 for more than a year and have been through the users manual more times than I can count. I have not come across a feature in the menu's or as a off/on switch for Chromatic Aberration. (If someone knows that there is one please correct me. It won't be the first time I've been wrong.) I think the Chromatic Aberration correction you are looking for is a built in ability of the camera design and not something that can be turned on or off. The reviews I've read state that the D90 does improve the Chromatic Aberration problem seen in some lenses. But I don't think it can be turned on or off. Maybe someone here will have more information than this.