Greetings from Virginia!

eyeofdanielle

Hello Nikonites!

There was never really a time where I acquired photography as a hobby because it kind of just sprung on me. I always enjoyed taking photos when I was a kid. Most of the time it was with a disposable camera, but who has to know. In addition to that, I enjoyed looking at photography, especially in National Geographic magazines.

I got my first digital camera when I was 12, but it was a cheap Olympus (boo!). I got a Nikon D2X when I was 19 and I loved it.

My Nikon D2X needs some serious attention and I don't know what's going on with it. I am about to get rid of it.

More recently, I bought the Nikon Coolpix L820. I was going to get the L810, but right when I was checking out, someone told me that the L820 was about to come out. So, I got the L820 when it was new to the market. That's what I use now.

I know what some professional photographers say about the Coolpix... "They aren't good for taking professional pictures." I've heard things like that, but that's hardly true. The Coolpix takes amazing pictures if you have a good eye when it comes to lighting and angles. I've had such luck with it. The only thing I hate is the battery dies very quickly.

I prefer to photograph nature and not people. Photographing nature is a simpler task for me than photographing people.

Well, I look forward to seeing some of your photos for inspiration! I've already explored a bit and saw some pretty amazing things. It's pretty cool to see other photographers work.

Last edited:

Mike150

Welcome neighbor. I'm also in Virginia. (near Charlottesville)
Nothing wrong with the CoolPix. If it does what you want then it's perfect for you.