Nikon 3200 Viewfinder problem

kafkareich

I accidentally disabled the viewfinder proximity sensor. So when I take pictures, the lcd remains on. Before, the moment I put my face close to the viewfinder, it would shut the LCD screen off automatically. Does anyone know how to revert it back?

nickt

Because usually it automatically turns off when you put your eye into the viewfinder right?
I didn't think it turned off by proximity. I could be wrong, but I can't think of any setting for that on my d3100 or d7000. I just tried the d7000. It either simply times out or goes off sooner with a half press of the shutter.

RockyNH_RIP

I didn't think it turned off by proximity. I could be wrong, but I can't think of any setting for that on my d3100 or d7000. I just tried the d7000. It either simply times out or goes off sooner with a half press of the shutter.

Mine appears the same.... it goes out with a half press... I could not find anything in the manual

Pat in NH

Bill16

As far as I know from my Nikon's, the LCD times out and you can turn it off faster by half pressing the shutter button. Unless your using live view, and then you just need to switch it back to the standard viewfinder.
If you download the PDF file that nickt posted you'll have a manual to read that will help you see better how to fix the issue. :)
Welcome to nikonites! :D

kafkareich

Thanks for the warm welcome. I just bought this Nikon D3200 just a week ago. And the LCD turns off automatically when I view the viewfinder. Maybe I clicked something?

Keith

My 3200 doesn't switch the lcd panel off by proximity but as others above have advised, by pressing the shutter release button half way