Heritage building of Kuala Lumpur | National Textile Museum

zain

Let me introduce you to another architectural gem of Kuala Lumpur that we inherit from the British Colonial Government. This elegant building is located near the Sultan Abdul Samad Building which I posted earlier. This historic Mughal style building is currently occupied by the National Textile Museum. Originally built in 1896 whose architecture was designed by A.B. Hubback to house the headquarters of the Federated Malay States Railways. It was later used by various government departments before being refurbished as a museum in 2007.
p671058778-4.jpg
Pix #1 - The main dome of the National Textile Museum Building
p604447769-4.jpg
Pix #2
p2061450931-4.jpg
Pix #3 - Just like other Mughal style building, inside there is spacious airy corridor that acts as a passageway as well as to adapt to the hot and humid tropical climate
p1146025152-4.jpg
Pix #4 - As you can see, it is located just next to the Sultan Abdul Samad Building separated by a road
p2102412680-4.jpg
Pix #5You can check out this link to view all the pictures.Comments and criticism are welcomed with open arms :)

zain

Thanks Mfrankfort. We have quite a number of heritage buildings built in the late 19th century and early 20th century by the British Colonial Government. Those built in the 1930's are more influenced by Art Deco architecture while before WWI many buildings were built in Mughal architectural style most probably the architects were inspired by Mughal architecture in India as India was where the British East India Company was headquartered.
Awesome pictures. Wish I could visit there, looks beautiful.