Wanted: Older Vivitar flash units and/or some accessories

Mike D90

I am asking for older broken, not working or unwanted/unneeded Vivitar flash units that may or may not work or that are just not used anymore.

I also am in need of Vivitar (or off brand compatible) SB-4 and SB-6 AC power adapter cords for the Vivitar 285 and 265 flash units.

I am interested in any of the following and maybe others:

- Vivitar 283
- Vivitar 285HV
- Vivitar 265
- Vivitar 2800

I am putting together my portable studio and am using these older flash units for light.

I cannot afford much and as close to free as possible would be awesome. I can cover shipping but not much more.

I know this is a stretch and I feel like a begger but I just have no way to pay for new or good used stuff at regular prices.

Mike D90

yes but what are you triggering them with ..you dont want wires particularly to the camerea ..YN622n work great ....

Will be a radio trigger system and some optical triggers (when I use two or more flash heads inside one softbox/umbrella). Looking at several but I want to save enough to get a decent model.

I know I won't have TTL capability but I don't care. I will learn to do things manually which I think will teach me more about lighting anyway.