Cloudy Sunset Off A Cruise Ship

Nero

Took a cruise through the Bahamas a few weeks ago and thought it was a perfect time to practice taking some sunset pictures. Sadly, every night seemed to be cloudy. -_- So these are the best I could get.

I've seen great pictures of sunsets behind clouds before so I wanna know if I could have done anything to do them better.

DSC_0671.JPG
DSC_0679.JPG
DSC_0691.JPG

Took a cruise through the Bahamas a few weeks ago and thought it was a perfect time to practice taking some sunset pictures. Sadly, every night seemed to be cloudy. -_- So these are the best I could get.

I've seen great pictures of sunsets behind clouds before so I wanna know if I could have done anything to do them better.

View attachment 59177

I think they really need some post processing work.

View attachment 59178

Nero

I do have a RAW version. I just uploaded the first one I could find which was the JPEG I made a converted copy of. I'm gonna try your suggestion with the RAW version.

As for the picture itself, would you say there was anything wrong with it that I could done to make it a bit better in terms of the settings or is the post processing all that's needed?

Horoscope Fish

I'm thinking something more like this... A little drama, and some Rule of Thirds applied:

Attachments

• -cloudy-sunset-off-cruise-ship-with post.jpg
    -cloudy-sunset-off-cruise-ship-with post.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 55