Newbie from New Jersey

Amarc5300

Well, as my two boys start to excel in sports at age 11 & 14, I decided to invest in a new Nikon D5300 and an Nikkor 18-140 lens, Lens arrived yesterday and camera will be shipped from Adorama on the release date which is the 14th. 1 more day. I look forward to taking an abundance of pictures, asking lots of questions and getting as many pointers as possible.:biggrin-new:

Bill16

Welcome to nikonites, and congrats on the new nikon! I hope you'll love your new Nikon and spending time with us here! :D

Amarc5300

OK, Glad to be welcomed here by all. Doesn't look like I want to go nuts but I do want a Flash for lets say under $150. Any suggestions I'm kinda leaning towards some Aftermarket flashes that appear to be worthy.

Bill16

I've heard that the Yongnuo YN-560 II Flash Speedlite was good, and it runs about $60.00. But I haven't tried one, so others here can give you a better heads up than I can.

fotojack

Welcome to Nikonites. Congrats on the D5300. Here's the best tip I can give you right off the bat: read the manual! :) Don't be in a rush to learn everything. This will take time and commitment from you, but it's a fun ride! :)

Amarc5300

My D5300 Has Shipped! On the 18th it will be here so I can mate it with the 18-140 sitting on my shelf. I will read the manual carefully then take a few shots in different modes, Then it's on to a road trip to Bushkill, Pa for my son wrestling tournament. Let the Fun Begin.

BackdoorArts

Lots of sites to shoot on the way up to Bushkill. Enjoy!! And depending you're headed to/from, if you drive thru Buttzville on Rt 46 a stop at Hot Dog Johnny's will do ya. :)