Portait

Virginia Abra

Very excited got a new camera on the weekend Lukey Portait 2.jpg

FastGlass

First, get rid of the watermark. My eye seems to always wander down to it. I like the fact that it's a candid shot. But it's very soft. Not in sharp focus which may be because of the focus mode you're using. Also the highlights in the background are very blown out. Again probably because of the metering mode you're using. I like the natural lighting and how it lies on him. But overall the shot is just a shot. Nothing real exciting about it. What's the camera/lense you used?

Virginia Abra

Thank you FastGlass. Yes i know its very soft sorry about the watermark . I used a d800 with an 80_200mm . Any tips on how to improve greatly appreciated thanks again.

FastGlass

I always use single point focus area mode and aim for the eyes. I would have exposed for the background and hit him with a bit of flash. If you like having a watermark.
Turn down the opacity so you can just catch what it says. That way it doesn't draw attention. Did you shoot this in protrait or landscape. If in landscape, you need to have some kind of interest to the side of him telling the story as to why you shot it that way. I do like the dreamy effect of the shot though.