Display Problem on New 7100s

Millie

Banned
I just purchased 2 new D7100 ..there serial numbers are about 200 apart.
when you take a shot the preview apears on the rear screen as expected but will not display for less than 1 minute despite C4 options being at 4 seconds....
Nikon Service have told me to check this and that but in the end cannot find a reason or duplicate the fault and say send them back at a 4 week turnaround.
They are running Firmware 1.01 and 1.009 which is the latest.
anyone else had this problem?
I suspect its a firmware glitch when programmed at the factory but are Nikon going to admit it ???

Note its not a 7100s I have 2 of them but the correct use of english here is confusing

Last edited:

PapaST

Mine has version 1.01 and 1.009. I've set my delay to 2s, 4s and 5minutes and it works just as it's supposed to. You might want to try returning to factory default settings.

Millie

Banned
nikon have suggested a two button reset and this has had no effect ......thanks for your help will let you know if I find a solution,

Millie

Banned
Problems solved by buying two Nikon 18-140 lenses !!! A conversation with Sigma was non productive and caused panic when I was asked for the serial number and I replied ,," I will just go get the lens from the studio"
Basically they say there is no problem the display just stays on...but it is a problem as battery life is reduced to about 1/3.....perhaps you could e mail and we will find out from Japan......oh thats why I am ringing because you did not reply to my e mail..
The question " if I have it re programmed for a D5300 will that solve the problem as you say a reprogrammed lens will still work with all Nikons " got a response that they dont have the re programming software yet ....!!!!
You see its easy for nikon ..the firmware detects the particular Nikon lens and then goes to the sub routine that suits that lens ..but when it finds a sigma lens I assume it goes to some basic sub routine nikon is not really bothered about the functionalliy of or has irritating flaws,,,,I think that Nikon is trying to get the message out that Sigma lenses may/will give you problems if not now in the future so best buy Nikon....