Greetings from England

Hi guys,

Just wanted to introduce myself to the forum.

I am new to all things photography. I decided to invest in some gear a few weeks ago as a hobby. Started off with a Go Pro Hero 3 and a Contour Roam 2, and from then I have went ape sh!t with my credit card and bought a Nikon d3100 with Kit len, a Tamron 18-270 f3.5 Di II VC, a Nikon AF 50mm f/1.8 G, a steadycam, shutter release cable, battery grip, tripod, various led lights and lens for light painting the list goes on and on.

In all fairness I probably shouldn't have bought all of this stuff without first knowing what to do with it lol.

This forum looks like a place of friendly people so hopefully I will learn a lot from you guys.

Sorry for rambling on anyways.

Please be nice haha! :)

MartinCornwall

Welcome to the forum. A great time of year to get stuck into light painting as it gets dark early so you don't have to stay up half the night like in summer.

jrleo33

Hi Andy: I like to think I know a lot about Photography, but when you start to realize how much talent there is on this WEB site, humility sets in. Welcome, and enjoy your new hobby.

John from Olympia, WA.

Bill16

Welcome Andy! I did practically the same as you and bought a D3100 without knowing anything much about photography! Lol Now I know a little bit more than I did and have three Nikon's I'm playing with! Lol :D

But I'm loving photography now and I think you'll find you will too! You picked a great place to learn and share, and I hope you'll love it here as much as I do! :D

Jai1989

I live in england aswell, and i totally agree, this forum is full of friendly people eager to share there knowledge of photography :) happy huntings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I live in england aswell, and i totally agree, this forum is full of friendly people eager to share there knowledge of photography :) happy huntings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been reading through various posts and threads on here and I have learnt more in a few hours than I have in the last week doing google searches haha!

I think I am going to settle in here just nicely. :)

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. :tennis: