Portfolio?

wud

I had a photographer looking at my pictures some months ago, to help me find some to use for a portfolio, I am hoping to get an apprenticeship with a photographer. She told me what I was missing, which I should more or less have now (I hope).

Just wanted to know, if anyone have made a portfolio used for seeking apprenticeship and could give a little ideas, how to do this? Not the images, as I am trusting this photographer to decide which ones goes, but the design for the whole portfolio/the application?? What to write? (Of course I will make it personal, just seeking inspiration).

I think its really hard, and I keep stalling it because I have no idea how to get started/which design I should make for it.
But looks like I will get fired pretty soon (was told yesterday, but not fired yet - we had a huge water damage at work, which now involves mold in our entire shop, so right now we cannot keep the shop open and the boss' sounded like well, this is it then).

So maybe NOW would be a good time getting an application for apprenticeship at a photographer ready.

Browncoat

There are several good places to get an album from. You can go on the cheap or have a really nice one made. I highly recommend that you spend a few bucks and get something of good quality, because it will last forever. You can get a custom album with your name embossed on the cover for a good price.

At a minimum, get an album that will hold 8x10 photos, larger if you can afford it. It should have a leather cover and feature metal screw posts so that you can add and remove pages. Don't get anything that has permanently bound pages. The prints you choose should be of the highest quality possible. Mine is in a prospective client's possession, or I'd take a photo of it and post it here for you.

The best article I've read on creating a portfolio comes from none other than Joey L. Give that a read. His portfolio is rather extravagant, but he can afford it. He recommends WHCC, which is where I had mine made. They do incredible work.