issue with video

amayhem

hows it going guys?

so ive been messing around with the d3200 in video mode and its doing something strange. so when i record and play it back on the camera itself the video looks fine. However once i move it to my computer the video looks scaled or cropped down and doesnt fll my screen. it also seems to have a black border. any ideas??

Last edited by a moderator:

amayhem

it actually looks like a smaller video surrounded by a larger black border all around it. (sorry I don't know the actual nomenclature for it).

I actually had to scale it to fit the screen, when I started editing it. However, it looks like it lost ALOT of the quality upon doing so.

Can this still be the 16.9 ratio cause the issue?

mikew_RIP

You may have selected a low quality on the camera sorry i cant be more specific but i don't have the same camera,check you are on the high quality for recording.i think the low one will be 3.2 not 16.9

amayhem

​What I will have to do is take a picture (using my fancy iphone haha) and see if that helps someone help me haha. I looked at the movie settings and had them at 60fps/720p, but let me look at them again. Just to play it safe.

amayhem

I'm kind of reaching here.. However, do you think this could be the case?

[h=4]Nikon D3200 Firmware C:1.01[/h]
  • The following functions have been changed with shooting using the Wireless Mobile Utility:
    • When the camera’s shooting mode is set to Auto or Auto (flash off), it now operates in Auto or Auto (flash off) mode. Prior to this upgrade, the camera functioned in [P] (Programmed auto) exposure mode.
    • Live view can now be initiated even when the camera is set to “Auto” or “No flash” in GUIDE mode.
  • In some very rare cases when certain memory cards were used, movie recording would stop, even when the time remaining display indicated remaining recording time. This issue has been resolved.
  • In some very rare cases, colors would change with shooting when white balance was set to a specific color temperature, as with Preset manual or Incandescent. This issue has been resolved.

Read more: Latest Nikon DSLR Firmware Updates

amayhem

mail
mail
So I took a few picture of my current set up... and how the video is turning out on the D3200. I've been searching everywhere and havent had to much luck. Has anyone ever had this happen?? Any thing I need to change?

Thanks friends

amayhem

so the one on the left is the one giving me the issue. =) haha I'm so stuck here! I do appreciate you helping tho, figure two minds are better than one. Has anyone else shot video on the d3200??