Hello :)

theginqueen

Hi

I've just been given a Nikon D200 with a few lenses and my New Years resolution is to be creative - I've just joined the forum so am looking forward to getting tips and inspiration - Happy New Year!

nacg8or

Happy New Year to you and welcome to the forum.

Nice camera you've got. I'm sure you'll enjoy it very much. There are many knowledgeable people here so don't be afraid to ask questions.

fotojack

Welcome, theginqueen, to Nikonites. Congrats on the "new" D200. You will certainly enjoy it; a great camera. Go to the Out of Production DSLR forums and look up the D200. Lots of helpful posts there for setting up your cameras 4 banks for different shooting situations. Hope you find things helpful here. :)

markaphillips

Hello ......... welcome from a fellow 'newbie' (although Ive been taking pics for years) and a fellow Brit (just outside London). The D200 is a great camera, I still use it along with a D700. As well as lots of great features (and posts here), the D200 can use most of the older Nikkor lenses. I use an old manual Micro Nikkor 55 f2.8 and even some old E series lenses on it (admittedly you dont get autofocus, but you dont need it all the time and the viewfinder is so bright its easy to focus...). ... oh and a Happy New Year.

naja

Welcome to the site, it is a great asset where you can learn a great deal and get questions answered from a huge experience bank.

Have a Great New Year, and good to see the numbers of UK members starting to grow.

With a Canon you can, but with a Nikon you WILL!!

Curt

Welcome fellow D200 owner. You will love this camera, its great. Maybe look on some of the D200 threads, others have posted some great info on this camera. You might want to get a hold of blue crane's digital video on the D200 as well.
If you have a manual with your camera read it through as well. Because the D200 has many great features.