Is this normal on the D7100?

andy1read

Hi, Is it normal when pressing the PV button if the built in flash is up, for the flash to come on for about a second(the camera buzzes a bit and the flash flickers a bit). I dont normally use the PV button, and today is probably the first time ive pressed it with the flash up.
The reason for my concern is because earlier today, my camera took a bit of a fall.
I leave it attached to my tripod (Tripod at its lowest position) with a cloth over it to keep the dust off. Next to my camera backpack bag. Wanting to practice some photograpthy in the lounge, I picked up the backpack first, also grabbing the usb cable and usb extension cable that was on the backpack. Not realiasing the usb cable was still plugged into the camera, by the time I felt the cable pull tight it was too late and the camera hit the floor.
My other concern is that it landed on the usb plug, and wondereing if its damaged the socket. It connects fine to Dslr dashboard on my phone. Inserting the plug feels tight , but once inserted it feels like theres more wobble on the plug than there used to. At the cable end of the usb plug theres about 3mm of vertical movement. I cant remember if this is how it is normally, or landing on the usb has loosened it.
Can any one with a D7100 tell me if the flash coming on with PV is normal, and how much movement you have on the usb plug.
Think im going to buy the wifi adator and go wireless, I dont like having the cable attached to the camera.
thanks
​ Andy

PapaST

That is normal. The buzz noise and flash flicker happens when the PV button is depressed. The camera is doing its best to simulate what the actual pic will look like. (preview)