Someone was paid to do that!

WeeHector

I thought it would be fun to start a thread where people can post photos of the seemingly ridiculous things they come across in everyday life. The sort of things which make you wonder how anyone could have done it and who ordered it in the first place and have you grabbing for your camera to record it for posterity. For example, I recently saw a photo on a newspaper website of a 3 feet wide alleyway where somebody had painted double yellow parking lines.

To start things off, here is a road sign which is installed at the place I work. One has to question the sanity of the person who ordered its installation.

Firstly, it is on a canal bank which is restricted to authorized vehicles. It generally sees no more than one van per week and a machine which cuts the grass every couple of months.

Secondly, there is a corresponding ramp on the other side of the bridge so no need to drive down and turn left under the bridge.

Thirdly, what action is taken against those who fail to obey the sign? Not too many traffic cops there to hand out fines.

Lastly and most bizarrely of all, the sign has been there for several years. Not only was a team of men paid to install this sign but it seems that someone is also paid to clean it. ;)

Stop.jpg