Kamper from SW Wyoming

Kamper

Howdy Everyone,
I have been taking photos since about 1976, started with prints, went to slides and about 4 years ago sold all my 35mm gear (Minolta X700) on Ebay and jumped into the DSLR market. I have been using the D80 for four years and just recently upgraded to the D7000 which I think is any awesome body. We have been spending about 30 days a year in Yellowstone between our spring and fall trips and I love shooting nature,wildlife, especially bears. I have been shooting with a Sigma 150-500mm AFOS. I just purchased a Nikon 18-200mm AFVRII lens with my D7000 body which I will say falls into the one size fits all category. I am not a pro as I have never sold a photo, but I consider myself a serious amateur. I hope to share info as much as I take, because that is what photography is all about, Everyone starts at the same point. Ken

ohkphoto

Snow White
Hi. Ken, and welcome to the forum! You have some awesome shots in your gallery . . . the geese in flight and the moon are my favorite.
Looking forward to your participation in the forum and to seeing more of your photos!

Best Regards

Joseph Bautsch

Hi Ken and welcome to the Nikonites Community. Good shots in your gallery. I love shooting in Yellowstone as well but it's a long way from Atlanta. Would love to see more of your shots in the gallery. The people here love to talk photography and especially about their Nikons. Your experience is welcomed and hope to see you here often.

Curt

Welcome Ken to the forum, I really hope you will keep us up dated on your new D7000. I have a D80 myself.
I guess the one thing both the D80 & the D7000 have in common is the re touch menu (which I really like).
Looking forward to seeing your picture posts with the D7000:).