Zeiss 100mm f/2

nmccamy

I plan on purchasing the Zeiss 100mm f/2 in the future as well as the Nikon D800E.

I have read nothing but exceptional reviews about the Zeiss, several calling it their reference standard.

DxO doesn't rate it so highly. Did they get it wrong?

When I get my camera, I will rent the Zeiss and see for myself.

gqtuazon

Gear Head
I plan on purchasing the Zeiss 100mm f/2 in the future as well as the Nikon D800E.

I have read nothing but exceptional reviews about the Zeiss, several calling it their reference standard.

DxO doesn't rate it so highly. Did they get it wrong?

When I get my camera, I will rent the Zeiss and see for myself.

Zeiss lenses have been legendary. I don't have the Zeiss 100mm f2 macro lens but I have the Zeiss 135mm f2 APO. It is a great portrait lens and very sharp wide open.

nmccamy

I agree that I'll probably end up renting the Zeiss and the Nikon and battle it out.

The Nikon has 1:1 whereas the Zeiss 1:2.
I love the Zeiss bokeh and super sharpness.

I will put both through some experiments and determine which is right for me.

Last edited:

Bill16

Cool I hope you post the results of your testing with us! I have the 105mm Nikkor AI version and I love it, but I never seem to have the money to check out the two lenses your checking out! Zeiss lenses seem to command top prices in comparison to the lenses I've been looking at, so I'm very curious about that brand! :D
I agree that I'll probably end up renting the Zeiss and the Nikon and battle it out.

The Nikon has 1:1 whereas the Zeiss 1:2.
I love the Zeiss bokeh and super sharpness.

I will put both through some experiments and determine which is right for me.