Flower

Carolina Photo Guy

Flower.jpg

Flower.

I think its ready to be made into a poster.

How-ever, any and all comments are appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Pete

ohkphoto

Snow White
Gosh, Pete, I really needed to see this this afternoon . . . no sun here (unusual for NM) and bitter cold, howling wind. Your photo reminds me of spring . . .

I agree it's beautiful and ready for a poster! Nice shot!

Best Regards

fotojack

I personally love this shot, Pete. A poster is a good idea, too. However, I would be inclined to put this one behind glass and hang it on a wall! Prominently! Beautiful shot!

ohkphoto

Snow White
the bokeh seems to match the veining in the petals.

I believe that might be an example of "visual rhyme" . . . you artist, you :)
And I agree with jack, it deserves to be matted and under glass!

Best Regards

AxeMan - Rick S.

Pete, I see you applied the "Rule of Thirds" to this photo. Now "everyone can enjoy it."
I seen both versions of this photo I would hang either one of them on my wall.

Great job

To coin a phase
"That's my two cents worth"

Rick

Joseph Bautsch

Pete, make it a 8"x12" mat print with a 2 1/2" black mat and frame. Also a 1/16" gold mat trim between the print and mat. That would be an attention grabber as soon as anyone walked into the room.

premc44

Rather than start a new thread, i am adding one of mine for your comments. This was taken with a Sigma macro lens three years back and I have made an attempt to tweak it using newly acquired LR3 (yet to learn the ropes). I know I should have chosen a smaller aperture to get more depth of field. In a similar situation now, I would do that. Feel free to make changes to the image and of course, comments are most welcome. Thanks

Attachments

• 20080814-2008 Norway-0114.jpg
    20080814-2008 Norway-0114.jpg
    307.6 KB · Views: 71

Joseph Bautsch

Actually I like the slightly out of focus outer petals with the center in focus (well not quite but close enough for the effect). I think it makes for a more pleasing composition than if you had the entire flower in focus. It does need sharpening in post processing. Using depth of field is a great tool for placing parts of a composition in or out of focus and is often overlooked by the photographer. The formatting is a little too tight around the flower and could use a little more breathing room. Also including the EXIF data will make it easier for us to see what you did to achieve the capture. Was the shot hand held or tripod mounted? Shots like this are better taken on a tripod or at least a monopod with good shutter speed. Did you use a CPL filter? A CPL will really make the colors in a shot like this pop. Hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:

premc44

Thank you, Joseph for your comments. I agree that the cropping was too tight. The shot was handheld as I didn't have access to a tripod at that time. I didn't use a CPL filter. I know that for working with a macro lens, you need a tripod. Thank you once again.