Hello from Chicagoland

Shutter'd Media

Hello guys and gals,

Just happened to stumble upon this site. I just got my first Nikon camera a few weeks ago and loving it. I have the Nikon D7100. I just stated getting more serious about my photography business. I've mainly been shooting car shows and local events with an Olympus e520 with a kit lens and was unable to get the pictures that I thought were what I envisioned. I am so happy now that I can let my creativity flow through my pictures. I love using natural light whenever possible. I'm looking to do a lot of video work as well so hoping to learn that as well from here.

I hope to help others and well as learn from all of you.

Shutter'd Media

Welcome to the site! We're pretty helpful here. As long as you don't like the blackhawks.. ;-) Go wings!! lol

Haha, thanks. I support all the Chicago teams. Not going to lie, I jumped on the bandwagon even though I rather play hokey than watch it. Look forward to getting to know everyone.

Shutter'd Media

Thanks guys, again I hope for be an active member and contributor. So far it feels more homely here than some places where the hardcore pros or longtime members trash the new to the site guys/gals.

Shutter'd Media

Just attached a couple of shots. When I get some more time I'll get some more shots in. I got some shoots coming up soon to so I'll share those as well.

​Thanks for the hospitality.

Attachments

• First d7100 pics 048.jpg
    First d7100 pics 048.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 43
  • randoms 008.jpg
    randoms 008.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 35
  • randoms 004.jpg
    randoms 004.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:

SamRothstein

Yes Welcome and go Blackhawks!!
The D7100 is a very good camera.

Hey, I live now in Chicagoland, and I grew up in Gretna, and lived next door to a Mrs. Ledet! What a small world!

Welcome to the forum Shutter'd Media! This place is way more laid back than other Nikon sites for sure.

Shutter'd Media

Thanks again for all the warm welcomes.

Has anyone in the Chicagoland area ever organized a Photo Walk? I'd like to do a somewhat organized one and just thought I'd see if this forum has ever done one.