Hi from upstate New York

weebee

HI, I'm Steve from Newark, New York, which is up near Lake Ontario. I've been messing up cameras for about 30 years. I'm more a weekend shutter bug that likes taking walks and shooting what fancies me. My son is also a photo bug so about 6 months ago I got him a Nikon D3100 kit. He, and myself, like it so much I just ordered one as well. I'm happy to have found this site!

Annasarp

Welcome Steve, waiting to see your snaps and of course learn from your vast experience.
Regards
Prasanna

Sent from my GT-I9070 using Tapatalk

Bill16

Welcome Steve! This is a great place to learn and share! Congrats to you and your son on getting the new Nikon's! I found the d3100 a blast to use, and I'm looking forward to seeing some of your sons and your shots! :D

weebee

Thanks everybody! My camera is supposed to be delivered tomorrow. Which is good timing because Saturday the wife and I are going to Gettysburg, then Sterling VA. And then heading to North Carolina for a week. I'll be snapping a bunch of pictures along the way. I'm going to tell my son about this site so he'll post some of his pictures as well. Thanks for the warm hello!

Rick M

Thanks everybody! My camera is supposed to be delivered tomorrow. Which is good timing because Saturday the wife and I are going to Gettysburg, then Sterling VA. And then heading to North Carolina for a week. I'll be snapping a bunch of pictures along the way. I'm going to tell my son about this site so he'll post some of his pictures as well. Thanks for the warm hello!

I just got back from Gettysburg a few weeks ago, endless photo ops! I added a Gettysburg gallery to my site linked below in my signature. Enjoy your trip!

weebee

I just got back from Gettysburg a few weeks ago, endless photo ops! I added a Gettysburg gallery to my site linked below in my signature. Enjoy your trip!

I'll check that out. I've been to Gettysburg once before. But it was a short visit, only a hour. It was by accident we stopped there. There was road construction and my GPS recommended a detour which I took and next thing I knew we were driving by it. This time we'll be spending a day there. We checked out the gift shop and I bought a shot glass. Another thing I collect to my wifes amusement.

weebee

Welcome Steve, waiting to see your snaps and of course learn from your vast experience.
Regards
Prasanna

Sent from my GT-I9070 using Tapatalk

My vast experience isn't very vast at all. Thanks though. I get lucky and get off a good shot here and there.