Reset Switch

jcret

Looking at the manual for my D3000 I noticed the reset switch on the left side of the camera. I found the switch but cannot find a description of it or what it resets. Does it reset everything back to original settings or does it get more complicated.
Appreciate any help I can get.

jcret

Joseph Bautsch

The explanation for the reset switch can be found on page 179 of the users manual. If the camera shuts down and stops taking pictures there is a procedure for getting it started again. There are several things to do and the reset button seems to be the last step in the process. Using this switch should be a very rare event.

Joseph Bautsch

Jack, I know the "reset" you are talking about. My D90 has two red dots next to two buttons when pressed and held for two seconds the camera settings will revert to the factory settings. This is not the same thing. This reset is in the event the camera stops working all together and has to be restarted. It's kind of like rebooting a computer after it crashes. In this case if the camera crashes then this button will do a restart. Well that is what the book says anyway.

Joseph Bautsch

Easy mistake to make. I was looking at it as being a default reset as well, for more than a little while, until I finally found it in the users manual. I have a PDF copy of it on my laptop HD.

jcret

Thanks for all the help and attention. Yes, I have a copy of the manual on my computer too, but it mentions the reset button but the index does not mention page 179. After reading all the responses to my original question I looked on page 179 and there it is. Too bad it is not listed in the index under reset switch.

Thanks again,

Jcret