A guy and his violin

wud

Out playing at the studio today. Used the 105mm and 35mm. Lamps different places, mostly in front/sides, but as you can see, also a few images with the lamp behind him.

He plays in a punk band. He wants me to make the images for their upcoming cd, interesting if these images will convince his band members.

What ya think?

per_9890_web.jpg

per_9795_web.jpg

per_9791_web1.jpg

per_9784_web.jpg

per_9834_web.jpg

per_9968_web.jpg

BackdoorArts

What is it about violinists that make them wish they were one of the Schenker Brothers?! LOL

Nice shots. #3 is a little dark for me, but otherwise they're excellent - and very "punk violinist". :)

wud

What is it about violinists that make them wish they were one of the Schenker Brothers?! LOL

Nice shots. #3 is a little dark for me, but otherwise they're excellent - and very "punk violinist". :)

I actually saved a brighter version of number 3, but found it to bright. Something in between then :)

Well, its because it looks better, lol!

Pretzel

All of 'em are pretty durn good! I like the angle of #1, but wish it showed his arms too, or at least more of them. OR... cropped in closer like 5? AWESOME use/capture of smoke in #4! #5? My fave of the whole group!

​#6 is nice too, but it may come across as more classical, less punk?

Pretzel

FYI - MODERATOR:

Noticed something the other day on one of my threads, where it would allow me to right click and get the option to save the file, but figured it was probably because it was available to me since it was a picture I actually posted. On a whim, I tried it here and it's giving me the same option?

Has that security feature been disabled?

Nathan Lanni

All really cool -

#5 I really like - it has a lot of soul IMHO

#4 is very soulish and whimsical -you get the feeling he's really into it

#6 Like it but maybe a little too subtle for punk? But maybe #4 suggests not.

Moab Man

Wud,

I don't like the I'm passing a giant kidney stone look, but I love the quality of the pictures. The captures look so real its almost 3D and makes me feel like I'm in person looking at the person.

The last image has a very peaceful feel. Really like it.

Michael J.

Out playing at the studio today. Used the 105mm and 35mm. Lamps different places, mostly in front/sides, but as you can see, also a few images with the lamp behind him.

He plays in a punk band. He wants me to make the images for their upcoming cd, interesting if these images will convince his band members.

What ya think?

per_9784_web.jpg

This one is awesome

wud

All of 'em are pretty durn good! I like the angle of #1, but wish it showed his arms too, or at least more of them. OR... cropped in closer like 5? AWESOME use/capture of smoke in #4! #5? My fave of the whole group!

​#6 is nice too, but it may come across as more classical, less punk?

Will see if I got a better one than number 1, showing a little more.
Number 5 are totally uncropped! 105 micro for ya (insert a heart here).

I agree on the last but I like it anyways :)

And thank you very much!

Oh about saving my images, I didn't turn it of as people can't download and upload suggestions for edits if I do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wud

Wud,

I don't like the I'm passing a giant kidney stone look, but I love the quality of the pictures. The captures look so real its almost 3D and makes me feel like I'm in person looking at the person.

The last image has a very peaceful feel. Really like it.

Lol.
I told him to do some of the stuff, I thought we needed some action.. Wasn't sure how else to show, I play punk.

Biggest thank you. I am so happy that I pulled it of with studio lighting.

wud

I really like #4. Its magical! did you use photoshop on that one?

Yes, for bw conversion, vignette, some sharpness. But all the images were really sharp actually, guess that's studio lighting at its best??
Forgot, I also added some grain.

Last edited:

BackdoorArts

FYI - MODERATOR:

Noticed something the other day on one of my threads, where it would allow me to right click and get the option to save the file, but figured it was probably because it was available to me since it was a picture I actually posted. On a whim, I tried it here and it's giving me the same option?

Has that security feature been disabled?

It's effectivity is set by the original poster. Some of us don't care if you right-click. ;)

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
I think you did a terrific job with the photography end of things, but I'm not too fond of his expressions in most of the photos. The fourth and sixth photos appeal to me because of his expression but not the others. Like Moab Man said, it looks like he's passing a kidney stone.

And if you want to insert a heart using a Windows computer with the number keys on the side, you can hold the ALT button down and click the number 3 then lift both fingers (the 3 has to be one of the number keys though, not the keys above the letter keys). You'll get a ♥. ;)

wud

I think you did a terrific job with the photography end of things, but I'm not too fond of his expressions in most of the photos. The fourth and sixth photos appeal to me because of his expression but not the others. Like Moab Man said, it looks like he's passing a kidney stone.

And if you want to insert a heart using a Windows computer with the number keys on the side, you can hold the ALT button down and click the number 3 then lift both fingers (the 3 has to be one of the number keys though, not the keys above the letter keys). You'll get a ♥. ;)

So you would have preferred a more concentrated look? Or are he just not having the right attitude in your opinion? Just wondering, as I'm not really getting any inspiration from "don't like". It's of course totally okay if you don't have suggestions, I'm just curious if it can be improved.

<3 ? I'm writing from a phone :)