Photos from this afternoon's Walk-About

480sparky

But first, the back-story:

I went to the local camera store this morning to order some enlargements. As always, I checked their used gear offerings. I found me a nice pair of Tamron teleconverters.... a 1.4x and a 2.0x. I already have a Nikon 1.7x, but it only works with one of my lenses. I was tickled pink when I found these two.... for $120!

Anyway, I wanted to get a couple more TCs so I could carry them around when I hike through the sticks. I like to carry just three lenses, my 105mm the longest. But I've been cringing when I pull out the 105 and it just doesn't have the 'reach' I'd like to take a long. Carrying a longer lens is an option, but since the 105 is a macro lens, I risk losing the ability to take close-ups. So finding these two TCs was like providence!

And more so because of the walk-about I was planning later in the day. I had found a nearby nature area... a large family farm that had been donated to the county with the provision it be allowed to revert to it's native state. Beautiful place... open grassland, right next to wooded areas. And wide, gentle footpaths weaving hither and yon throughout it all.

Voas_9737Post.jpg

Voas_9608Post.jpg

Voas_9607Post.jpg

Just the PERFECT place to test out my two new toys! The following were all taken with the 105mm micro lens, with either the 1.4x or 2.0x TC:

SilverSunlight_Post.jpg

GoldenWeave_Post.jpg

GoldenLeaves_Post.jpg

Silhouette_Post.jpg

AutumnFire_Post.jpg

Red_Post.jpg

More to come! :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:

crycocyon

I really like the grass shots (especially Sand of Grass). Reminds me of the countryside around my home town where I grew up. Very nice!