L35AF2 help!

kyliesaysrelax

Hi there,

I've just joined this forum to see if anyone can help with my L35AF2.

I had the camera working a few weeks ago and it seemed to be working fine. One day it just stopped working, it wont power up at all. I took it to a repair shop and their quote was expensive and they wouldn't tell me the problem.

I did get the film developed and 2 pictures came through. It looked like the film had been stuck as one picture seems to be most the pictures layered over each other and 1 is fine. weirdly the fine one was taken after the other one...

Now I can't get the camera to power up at all. It stopped working like this once before but eventually just started again. I've tried several batteries and when I open the shutter I can't hear it powering up, which I could when it was working.

I can't find any info about this particular model anywhere. Does anyone have any tips or can point me in the right direction for some help/

Thanks!

Kylie

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Kylie,

I think your camera has maybe reach the end of it's useful life. It probably would be a lot less expensive to buy a new camera to replace it. As Fred mentioned, if you can buy another one for an average of $25, it probably would not be wise to have your's repaired. Don't forget that camera repair shops are in business to make a living and the hourly rate is probably more expensive than your camera is worth.

So, now you might want to decide if you want a film or a digital newer camera. The choice will be yours but if it was me, I'd go digital for sure is only for the price of film and finishing today. So, if the camera was that important to you, have a little ceremony, find a nice place on a shelf to display it and get out on the market to get a new camera to enjoy photography with.

​Good luck.