D600 officailly discontinued

BackdoorArts

What were the issues w/ 600? Else sounds like a great op to see some lowered prices on these, heheheh.

You mean besides the shutter that might or might not spew oil onto the sensor regardless of when it was manufactured or how many times you send it back for a replacement? Nothing. But no one can sell something that they can't guarantee can get fixed, and that's big enough. Some folks lucked out and never had an issue. Mine went back twice before it was "fixed". Others have gone back 3 or 4 times. You can't sell a crap shoot.

That said, if you're confident cleaning a sensor then you can get a hell of a camera for a great price before they're gone.

jrleo33

I bought a D600 refurb last February, and have had no issues with the sensor. Maybe Nikon replaced the shutter in mine, or maybe not. The only continuing issue I have is the auto white balance needs improving, but I use LR-4.4, and adjusting the WB takes care of this issue. The D600 is by far, the best DSLR I have ever used, so far.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
This whole thing is a joke. Shame on Nikon.

I think it's quite a shameful way to handle a problem. If this was a car company, I think they would have to fix the problem and would not just discontinue a product just to get away free... From a D600 owner, I feel played and badly treated with a product that lost credibility and value too fast for my taste.

​End of rant.

Browncoat

I briefly teetered back and forth between a D600 and the D800. Ultimately, I decided to wait until next spring or summer to upgrade. Had I pulled the trigger on the D600, I would be really pissed with how Nikon handled this.

At best, this thing is a D600s. That doesn't really put out the flames, but at least it's not a slap in the face by calling it the D610 and discontinuing a busted camera that they should've fixed.

BackdoorArts

I plan on running mine into the ground, much as I do with my automobiles, so value doesn't bother me so much since I am happy with performance (beyond the issue now fixed). But I'm with you on the bad taste.