Hi from a bus in the middle of East Anglia : )

J A Mortram

Glad to be here, I shoot mostly social documentary stories...

Merry Christmas!

Jim

Attachments

• 4341129412_31d9a11a23_b (1).jpg
    4341129412_31d9a11a23_b (1).jpg
    206.1 KB · Views: 189
  • 3799469266_dbc9d2622b_b.jpg
    3799469266_dbc9d2622b_b.jpg
    222 KB · Views: 190

naja

Welcome, and you have that amazing East Anglian coast, which often leaves me breathless when I see it. Like the images

Joseph Bautsch

Hi Jim and welcome to the Nikonites Community. Great shots. I'm not a real fan of B&W but I know good shooting when I see it and these shots are good. Hope to see more of your work.

Joseph Bautsch

Hmmm..... You have developed a style of shooting I think works very well in B&W. I'm primarily a scenic photographer in which color is a critical part of what I do. Your style works great in B&W. Please post more of your work in the galleries. I really enjoy seeing other styles and how they interpret the world around them.

J A Mortram

Thanks Joseph. Using the D200 as I do, spot metering in natural light and heavy emphasis on natural light/shadows it does work better in B&W as noise with the D200 is lousy over ISO400... so I usually shoot 800ASA colour film indoors with a FM2 (or some B&W 400/800) and though colour can often be a pre requisite for editors of print stories my personal choice is about 98% to go for B&W.

I think it's more natural for me to shoot in or convert to B&W as I first experienced photography, before learning any history or seeing any images (were talking as a 10 year old kid here!) in my fathers little darkroom watching him make B&W prints and that's my oldest notion of what photography is and it's an indelible template for a way to see now: )

ohkphoto

Snow White
Hello, Jim, and welcome to the forum! I love your BW, and I am a big fan of BW. I also find your field fascinating. I hope you'll be sharing your work and expertise with us. Glad to have you here!

Best Regards