Out on a PhotoWalk on one of the last great days of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

480sparky

Spent about 5 hours out today with the camera.

AutumnReflectionsNo1_Post.jpg

AutumnReflectionsNo2_Post.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

FastGlass

Sorry i'm with fotojack. The first one is of? I see what used to be colors. You missed peak season so i'm seeing alot of dead and missing leaves.
The second would have been better to get the reflection and the trees making the reflection.
The third is to me the best. The bench adds a bit of interest but again the colors of the leaves are to far past peak.

480sparky

Sorry i'm with fotojack. The first one is of? I see what used to be colors. You missed peak season so i'm seeing alot of dead and missing leaves.
The second would have been better to get the reflection and the trees making the reflection.
The third is to me the best. The bench adds a bit of interest but again the colors of the leaves are to far past peak.

These ARE peak colors.......... for oaks.

FastGlass

Really. You post photo's and can't take someones personal opinion on it. Guess what genious, photography is all about opinion. If you can't take negative comment on something you put out there than maybe you should find something else to occupy you're time with.

480sparky

Really. You post photo's and can't take someones personal opinion on it. Guess what genious, photography is all about opinion. If you can't take negative comment on something you put out there than maybe you should find something else to occupy you're time with.

Your 'negative comment' seems to me you feel the trees should have brilliant reds and yellows. Sorry... oak trees don't come in those colors. I don't get to choose what colors there are, and replacing all the trees in a state park with maples isn't an option.

So when life hands me lemons, I don't make lemonade..... I make roast duck with a olive-oil and lemon glaze. So if you don't like roast duck, don't make 'negative comments' about it.

FastGlass

I'm done with this rediculous argument about the stupid color of the leaves. It's about the photo's you posted that don't have any appeal to me. Feel free to ramble on some more. I'm not going to waste my time with another response, i'm going to go out and shoot some boring trees and sell them to you because I know how much you like them.:friendly_wink: Dumb Ass.

Pretzel

I'm done with this rediculous argument about the stupid color of the leaves. It's about the photo's you posted that don't have any appeal to me. Feel free to ramble on some more. I'm not going to waste my time with another response, i'm going to go out and shoot some boring trees and sell them to you because I know how much you like them.:friendly_wink: Dumb Ass.

1) The correct spelling is ridiculous.
2) It's about the photos, not the photo's, as the photos themselves don't possess anything of relevance in this discussion.
3) The "i'm" in your 4th sentence should be "I'm".
4) That's kinda how it feels to be picked apart for something not really relevant... If you want to talk about his focus points, composition, under/over exposure, etc., THAT would make sense (to me, at least), but to blame him because he took a picture of fall foliage that didn't live up to your hopes and dreams for bright orange, and yellow, and... and...? Wow. Almost afraid to ever post a picture of my wife, now, for fear you might be upset because she's not Kate Upton or some such. :cool: For the record, though, my wife is WAY more awesome than Kate Upton, in case she asks!!

**no offense intended to the French, Italians, or any other race, by the way. :p :p**

In photography, you shoot what's available to you.

Nice photos, Sparky! Especially like that 3rd one! Reminds me of fall fishing trips as a kid!

(Also, for the record, I think fotojack was referring to the images not appearing at all when he read the thread, which also happened to me at work. Some workplaces block a lot of photo sharing websites. I pulled 'em up on my phone to see what all the hub-bub was about.)

Last edited:

480sparky

You're right. I suck, Your progression from 'negative comments' to outright insults prove your photographic superiority. You win. You have my humblest apologies that I live in Iowa and not Vermont. Next time i go out to take photos, I'll travel to Patagonia or Switzerland or India. Happy now?

Or perhaps I should buy $98,000 worth of spray paint and re-color all the trees.

Last edited:

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod

Are these trees the oak trees you mentioned? If so, wowzer! We have 2 pin oaks on our property, and they don't turn pretty colors although it's my understanding that some oaks do. Nice photo! :)

I am closing this thread. It is ok to not like someone photos but to attack some one personally is never ok. State your opinion on a photo and go about your way. BUT always try to state your reason why the photo is not good in your opinion and suggest ways in which it could be improved.

​And where I live we don't get a lot of color change either.

Status
Not open for further replies.