Here's one for ya

Mark F

Sent off my nikon d600 to Nikon Los Angeles to get cleaned and checked out before the warranty runs out in November. I get a service ticket stating that it was under warranty and no charge, but at the bottom of the ticket it states a billing of my CC of 155.00. Called Nikon service, and she is looking into this. Looks like they are trying to charge me 150.00 for a cleaning. The tech also put on the bill.. CCD CLEANING doesnt affect image
Weird

Mark F

150.00 plus shipping for a cleaning?
Fist time I have heard of it being that steep. I've sent in D300s d7000 d90 d40 all for a check up before warranty was up... No charge because it was under warranty.
Even if it were out of warranty I would be shocked for any charge in excess of 50.00 plus ship for sensor cleanings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sambr

CCD? I'm pretty sure your D600 has a CMOS sensor. :)

It does have a CMOS sensor however Nikon always says CCD cleaning no matter what camera it is - I send my cameras to Nikon once a year to be checked & cleaned and that's the term they use( last Nikon that had a CCD sensor was the D200)

fotojack

It does have a CMOS sensor however Nikon always says CCD cleaning no matter what camera it is - I send my cameras to Nikon once a year to be checked & cleaned and that's the term they use( last Nikon that had a CCD sensor was the D200)

Well that explains it then. :) Thanks, Sam.

Sambr

I pay $40.00 for the cleaning after the warranty is gone - the D4 will always be free of charge. I send my gear through my dealer so my insurance & shipping is covered by them.

Mark F

I pay $40.00 for the cleaning after the warranty is gone - the D4 will always be free of charge. I send my gear through my dealer so my insurance & shipping is covered by them.

That's my point. After warranty I've never paid more than 50.00. I do my own cleanings, but once in a while I send cameras off to be checked out. If it's just cleaning and an adjustment... 50.00 max. Not 150.00 plus shipping. Guess I'll figure this out this week

Sambr

That's my point. After warranty I've never paid more than 50.00. I do my own cleanings, but once in a while I send cameras off to be checked out. If it's just cleaning and an adjustment... 50.00 max. Not 150.00 plus shipping. Guess I'll figure this out this week

Yup that's outrages I would call them on that. Keep us posted as to what they say.

Mark F

The tech said he was doing a cleaning and checkup on the camera. Normal charge for a camera not under warranty is 155.50 plus shipping. I keep telling them its under warranty and they have the proof of purchase and warranty card. Seems to go to deaf ears. I'll try talking to a supervisor tomorrow.

Mark F

now they are investigating this. Its suppose to be warranty work. I told them I could get the same service with an authorized nikon repair dealer in Portland for 50.00 and that is out of warranty. I'm getting to think they just don't like these d600s in their shop. Although, I keep saying I do not have one of those problem dust/oil shutters

Geez.

Last edited:

Mark F

Update. Just received a UPS tracking email stating that Nikon sent camera back.
Went to the support questions area to see if there was any update to communications.
Apparently, nikon sent the camera back with no service performed yet a charge of my CC is 126.90 plus shipping.
When I go to the service part of the website... no information is given except that Billing has been Approved.
I then put in another communication request to resolve this. We will see in a few days, probably Monday, if they get back with me.

Mark F

The latest communication with Nikon on this is they say the tech replaced the sensors filter which is why the 155.90 which they reduced to 126.90 yet my bank account reflects the 155.90 charge. The tech on the other hand said ( cut and paste from actual communication response on their website ) "The service costs are for a check and clean on your camera. At this point the technician does not believe any parts need to be replaced."
I'm beginning to think Nikon doesn't know what they are doing anymore
I'm beginning to think Nikon doesn't know what they are doing anymore. Problem is with this issue... I won't know if what they said they replaced was true since the filter was clean and oil free when I sent it in. How can you tell from a perfect filter and one they replaced it with?

Update: Just received an email saying thanks for using nikon products and service.
Went back to the website where this was posted and low and behold, they deleted the whole communication history.

Last edited:

WhiteLight

The latest communication with Nikon on this is they say the tech replaced the sensors filter which is why the 155.90 which they reduced to 126.90 yet my bank account reflects the 155.90 charge. The tech on the other hand said ( cut and paste from actual communication response on their website ) "The service costs are for a check and clean on your camera. At this point the technician does not believe any parts need to be replaced."
I'm beginning to think Nikon doesn't know what they are doing anymore
I'm beginning to think Nikon doesn't know what they are doing anymore. Problem is with this issue... I won't know if what they said they replaced was true since the filter was clean and oil free when I sent it in. How can you tell from a perfect filter and one they replaced it with?

Update: Just received an email saying thanks for using nikon products and service.
Went back to the website where this was posted and low and behold, they deleted the whole communication history.

I would suggest you go to their fb and other social media presence, post all your communication and give them a piece of your mind in no easy terms.. That should make things nasty for them and straighten them out..

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk

Mark F

I would suggest you go to their fb and other social media presence, post all your communication and give them a piece of your mind in no easy terms.. That should make things nasty for them and straighten them out..

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk

Done. twitter and FB.
​Plus I have a call in to talk to a supervisor, doubt that will happen though.