35mm 2.0 D worth it?

Nikkon

I see several second hand 35mm 2.0 D lenses (approx. 160 euro). Are they worth buying? Would like to use it mostly for street photography (on FX body).

Last edited:

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
I find it's a sweet lens because it's very light and small. It's sharp enough, but suffer a little from color aberration. It might not be as sharp as the 24070 2.8, but it's mucho lighter and more inconspicuous for street photography.

I enjoy using mine once in a while mostly for the weight & size factor.

jrleo33

The 35mm and 50mm Nikkor D lenses comprise 95% of my photos on the D600. Many users like to photograph smaller subjects, and like the close up perspective from the 35mm, but I find they are very useful for street photography. The 35mm D is sharp enough; however, I do use ISO 200, and stay at F/7 with this lens for street use. I shoot NEF and use Lightroom 4.4, and this combination avoids most CA. The 35mm D lens is metal, with its weight at 8.2 ounces.

I have included (3) photos taken with my Nikkor 35mm D.

bridge-7.jpg

bridge-8.jpg

bridge-6.jpg

aroy

I see several second hand 35mm 2.0 D lenses (approx. 160 euro). Are they worth buying? Would like to use it mostly for street photography (on FX body).

This is one of Nikon's better 35mm lenses. Just check the condition and alignment before buying.

Eduard

Super Mod
Staff member
Super Mod
I had one before the 35/1.8G was released and liked it very much with my D300. I swapped it with a friend when he moved to a D700. Very good in my experience.

wud

I got one. At first I wasnt sure if it was for me, but suddenly it grew on me and its actually an amazing lens (I got fx too).