yay it came!!

My nikon D7100 came yay! Still haven't read the whole users manual yet but already took about 60 or so pics around my yard, lol! I couldn't wait- lol! I switched it to manual and don't know how to use the scene/effects modes yet (just want to play with those, see what they do lol). If anyone else is looking for one- here is a good deal- B&H Photo Video Digital Cameras, Photography, Camcorders just type it in and get the "body only" deal- till Nov. 2nd you get $50 off the body and $100.86 worth of free stuff that comes with it (Ruggard outrigger 45 backapack (think that's the name)- an extra battery and a 16gb memory card too!

Kevin H

Nice I'm saving my pennies (do they make them any more) to get 1 in the new year if overtime comes in to play merry x-mas to me

Brandonberg

My nikon D7100 came yay! Still haven't read the whole users manual yet but already took about 60 or so pics around my yard, lol! I couldn't wait- lol! I switched it to manual and don't know how to use the scene/effects modes yet (just want to play with those, see what they do lol). If anyone else is looking for one- here is a good deal- B&H Photo Video Digital Cameras, Photography, Camcorders just type it in and get the "body only" deal- till Nov. 2nd you get $50 off the body and $100.86 worth of free stuff that comes with it (Ruggard outrigger 45 backapack (think that's the name)- an extra battery and a 16gb memory card too!

Got the same deal from B&H although I got the 18-105 lens bundle.

I also downloaded the digital copy of the manual onto my phone/tablet for easy reference. Original manual is still in its plastic!

Nikon USA D7100 User Manual

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Congrats on the new gear - nice camera, eh? :)

yes, very nice!! I see that a lot of members on here have the d7100! :) Going to play with it tomorrow and do some shots inside, (because it's going to be 55 for the high which is COLD to me at least LOL)- and on Saturday am going to a photography group club field trip thing with a bunch of other photographers, it's the first time I've been, should be fun!

Got the same deal from B&H although I got the 18-105 lens bundle.

I also downloaded the digital copy of the manual onto my phone/tablet for easy reference. Original manual is still in its plastic!

Nikon USA D7100 User Manual

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

oh, that's a really good idea! I am just going to keep the manual in my camera bag once I finish reading the whole thing- I might download it on my phone too though- didn't know you could do that.. lol! That is awesome!! I would have gotten the bundle kit, with the 18-105mm lens cause I really want that lens too, but I didn't have the extra $- so that lens is going on my Christmas list lol! :)

Horoscope Fish

Just a tip if you're shooting JPG... Go into your Shooting menu now and adjust the "Sharpening" setting to +7 or so. For the life of me I don't know why Nikon ships their cameras out with the sharpening set so low by default. You can ignore this if you shoot RAW, of course. For ease of use I keep my RAW settings saved to U1 and then I have a set of JPG settings saved to U2. While I don't shoot JPG very often, it's handy to have all the settings done and saved and ready to go when I want to.

Last edited:
Just a tip if you're shooting JPG... Go into your Shooting menu now and adjust the "Sharpening" setting to +7 or so. For the life of me I don't know why Nikon ships their cameras out with the sharpening set so low by default. You can ignore this if you shoot RAW, of course. For ease of use I keep my RAW settings saved to U1 and then I have a set of JPG settings saved to U2. While I don't shoot JPG very often, it's handy to have all the settings done and saved and ready to go when I want to.

thank you for that tip! I shoot both but mostly RAW now- :) but I do shoot jpeg from time to time- I will set those up tomorrow- thank you for the advice, haven't gotten that far with setting everything up yet, but tomorrow it's supposed to be 55 for the high here so it will be cold and nothing to do outside since it's cold- so I will work on it then hehe.

cadomniel

HI I am impressed with how fast it came. Didn't you buy it a couple days ago? If that was with free shipping I think that is pretty good. Us Canadians pay alot extra in shipping and when I got my D5100 I think I paid $250 in shipping and customs combined. It would have been the same price as going to the store and buying it but then there local stores didn't have a lot of the other items I had in my order, and some of the lenses they charge quite a bit more than Adorama charged.

Anyway you got a really good deal and hope you enjoy your new toy! I think D7100 is the best dslr right now that isn't full frame!

HI I am impressed with how fast it came. Didn't you buy it a couple days ago? If that was with free shipping I think that is pretty good. Us Canadians pay alot extra in shipping and when I got my D5100 I think I paid $250 in shipping and customs combined. It would have been the same price as going to the store and buying it but then there local stores didn't have a lot of the other items I had in my order, and some of the lenses they charge quite a bit more than Adorama charged.

Anyway you got a really good deal and hope you enjoy your new toy! I think D7100 is the best dslr right now that isn't full frame!

yes, I bought it on Oct 21st, and I payed $20 extra for shipping so it'd get here before the weekend, because I have a photography thing I am going to tomorrow and wanted it here before then lol. yeah, I didn't know that about US canadians, that sucks! wow- that's a lot! yeah I looked on Adorama too- and BH photo had the better deal in this case.