BW Tree

ohkphoto

Snow White
I've been playing around with HDR Efex pro before the trial expires to see if it's really worth the bucks. Some nice presets are included. Too punchy, not punchy enough?
Feedback welcome and appreciated.

_DSC0181_HDR.jpg

Joseph Bautsch

Helene, I'm not a real fan of B&W but I know a good shot when I see one. Good composition and use of HDR to bring out the depth and details. I've seen HDR's rendered by HDR Efex Pro (I don't use it) and read comments about it and don't think you could go wrong if you bought it. The "punch" looks just fine to me. The formatting (cropping) is a little too tight around the bottom and left side. And I would clone out the two white houses along the bottom right. They are a little too distracting. But I'm being picky, it's a great shot as it is.

DenisSavoie

Great composition, but who's looking at the tree? I'm lost in the folds of the clouds. That sky is amazing.

Compositionally, I'd have cropped a little differently. I feel the tree is tucked just a tiny bit too far in the corner and feels separated from the rest of the image, rather than an integral part of it.
That said it's a beautiful image. and that sky ... wow.

Last edited by a moderator:

ohkphoto

Snow White
Denis, hi, welcome to the forum and thank you for the comments.
This was one of those after the fact things . . . like, "shucks" why didn't I move the tree more towards the middle, and then I remembered why --there was a drop off to my left.

May put my hiking boots on and try to reshoot this when the next front moves in! (if you never hear from me again, please send Search and Rescue to Ruidoso! LOL)

Best Regards

ohkphoto

Snow White
I always learn so much from these critiques. So, many times I will go reshoot something because of ideas I've gotten here, mostly to express my vision better.

But I hate to admit, I've become a little "cowardly" in the wilderness. I don't hang over the edge of a mountaintop (anymore) LOL

ohkphoto

Snow White
Naja, thank you. I live in such an amazing state . . . New Mexico is called the "Land of Enchantment" and rightfully so. We have sunshine about 93% of the year, so when the clouds roll in, Mother Nature puts on a spectacular show!

Best Regards

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
A really beautiful shot Helene, I wouldn't change a single thing about it.

Keep it up and thanks for posting it.

Marcel