Using your phone to upload photos from your camera

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
There has to be a way to do this. Specifically I'm looking for an Android app that'll allow you to take pictures off of an SD card or hook directly into the camera and upload to a pre-defined album, like Picasa, Flickr, Facebook, etc.

Obviously we would need a special data cable, card reader, or other hardware to do this.

Has anyone out there heard of anything?

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
I suppose the alternative would be to skip the phone and buy a eye-fi sd card, but the whole point is being able to upload directly to an album. hrrmmmm

Richard500

I am so glad I joined this site!! I never knew of such a device until reading about it here! Thanks jdeg... now to find one at a reasonable cost....:rolleyes:

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
I am so glad I joined this site!! I never knew of such a device until reading about it here! Thanks jdeg... now to find one at a reasonable cost....:rolleyes:

The eye-fi? Yeh, it does seem neat. They are a little pricey, but it beats the Nikon wireless alternative.

Glad you're enjoying the site :)

Curt

This is a fantastic idea, if it works....lol??? I am going to look into it for sure. $49.00 for (Bestbuy) 4GB is not bad.