18-55mm or 18-105mm or another lens?

Trying to decide on another lens I want to get- I do mainly landscape and nature photos, although I am getting into people and other types of photography since my school (NYIP) requires me to do photo projects for each type of photo. Anyways, am trying to decide between a Nikon 18-55mm lens, the 18-105mm lens, or another cheaper kind of lens? I already have a 50mm, a Rokinon 8mm fish eye lens, and a 55-200mm. Can't afford something like a Nikon 14-24, but want something wide angle to mid range but not the same as the lenses I already have? I also want a 105mm prime Macro lens but that's down the road a ways. So not sure if I should go with something like a 18-105 if I want a full 105 macro lens? Leaning towards the 18-55mm as it's only $100 or so- and it's a good quality lens. but not sure yet? any other suggestions? budget is probably around $300 so that probably limits out the 18-105 unless I get it used.

nickt

18-105. A lot of us got one recently. Its a great everyday lens. It does everything the 18-55 does plus more reach. You can get a refurb for a little over $200. I think you can get a 1 year warranty at adorama if you join their vip thing.

fotojack

I see a lot of "I wants" in there. ;) Of your choices, get the 18-105. It's a great lens, and you can pick one up for $200 or less....a previously enjoyed one, of course. :)

RockyNH_RIP

I would recommend the 18-105!! It is my everday go to lens, almost always on the camera... I have others that I use for planned shoots but if just out with no target, it is the 18-105... does almost all adequately!! (I sold my 18-55 after I got this)

Pat in NH

18-105 refurbished at cameda. Com. Not at my main compute to give you the exact link but you automatically get the one year warranty without doing anything extra. I have bought from them a couple of times now and they have been great to deal with

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

18-105. A lot of us got one recently. Its a great everyday lens. It does everything the 18-55 does plus more reach. You can get a refurb for a little over $200. I think you can get a 1 year warranty at adorama if you join their vip thing.

oh really?! That is awesome! Was there a good deal I missed and that's why everyone got them? LOL! :)

I see a lot of "I wants" in there. ;) Of your choices, get the 18-105. It's a great lens, and you can pick one up for $200 or less....a previously enjoyed one, of course. :)

LOL! I know, I want a lot of stuff, just need a lot of $ to buy it all with haha! Yeah, I'm leaning towards that one, cause of the good focal length range for a little more than the 18-55 and have heard such good things about it. :)

I would recommend the 18-105!! It is my everday go to lens, almost always on the camera... I have others that I use for planned shoots but if just out with no target, it is the 18-105... does almost all adequately!! (I sold my 18-55 after I got this)

Pat in NH

awesome!! Sounds like one cool lens to me!! Yeah, I used a 18-55 lens as my only lens for like 6 years before I switched to Nikon- and I took thousands of pictures with it- it was probably by far one of my favorite lenses but I do love the longer focal length you get with the 18-105, it can be a portrait lens, or a telephoto or a wide angle etc! So many options since it's such a varied focal length.

18-105 refurbished at cameda. Com. Not at my main compute to give you the exact link but you automatically get the one year warranty without doing anything extra. I have bought from them a couple of times now and they have been great to deal with

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

oh, okay thank you!! :)

Refurbished Nikon 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED AF-S DX VR Lens - Refurbished by Nikon USA 2179 B
Adorama may have stopped the VIP warranty, I don't see it.

Here's the place Don mentioned:
Nikon 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6 G VR ED AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor Lens - Factory Refurbished includes Full 1 Year Warranty

These refurbs are like new. You will not see any sign that they were ever used.

thanks and that is awesome!! Yeah, if I can save $ on a lens, then I'm all for that lol! :) thanks for the links! It might be a while before I get one but it might just go on my Christmas list lol!