My nikon 1 j1 with f mount lens

dsortax

Hello i am new and i dont know much i come here for help, i have few questions and i know someone has the answers :)

Here is the story:

I bought a nikon 1 j1 that came with the 1 nikkor 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 its pretty cool and i like it but i want to manual focus and ajust manualy depth of field if it's possible so i discovered the 1 nikkor 18.5mm f/1.8 and the 1 nikkor 10mm f/2.8. The problem with these lenses it's that they does'nt have the manual focus ring on them (obviously it looks like to have one on it but i guess its only for the look! or to grab it) and the manual focus is throught the camera ring thing and its painful lol

So i discovered the 1 nikkor 32mm f/1.2 but omg it's 950$ + taxes.. too expensive for me.

I found that lens: af nikkor 50mm f/1.8. since its f mount, its not nikon 1 mount.. and i have found these adapters all arround 15$ on ebay that allows the user to mount that af lens on the nikon1 body.

Now if i buy these two things the af lens 115$ and the adapter 15$ it makes my day for 130$ arround.

Note: i want to make videos. not much taking pictures.

Here are my questions:

1- Is this possible?

2- What are the complications?

3- Am i gonna damage my nikon1 j1?

4- Should i wait untill nikon make a new 1 nikkor lens like the af 50mm for cheap?

5- Is it gonna affect my video quality?

more questions to come depending on what you ppl gonna say about it

Oh and thanks in advance for your precious answers :)

wornish

Welcome to Nikonites.

I have a V1 and the Nikon AF-S 50mm f/1.8G. I wanted to be able to use the Autofocus and the Aperture control from the camera so I went for the Nikon FT1 adapter. As far as I know the lower priced third party adapters do NOT have any electronic connection with the lens so yes they will attach, yes you can use manual focus from the lens but if its a G Type lens you will have no control over the aperture. If its the 50mm f/1.8 then yes you can manually control aperture as well. I dont think attaching the lens through a third party adapter will do any harm , but I would check first that the camera acknowledges that a lens is actually connected so beware and if possible try first before buying.

dsortax

Thanks for your answer it helps me alot. I have seen the ft1 adapter but its 200$.. if it would come with the lens it would be nice haha! but oh well, i dont really mind loosing the automatic focus/aperture since i want to touch the lens for bokeh thing and depth of field, pass from one subject to another etc :) Btw the only way i can try it, its by buying the two things. Like you said, i wonder if the camera acklnowledges the af 50mm f/1.8d lens by this third party adapter... Anyone knows?

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
The camera should acknowledge that something is connected, but with adapters like this you'll have to stick to D lenses (has aperture ring) if you want to control aperture. Otherwise G lenses will be stuck at the min aperture.

dsortax

Alright thanks for your answer. Now i know that i can do that :)

Now in the same order of idea i have some other questions please.

I have seen some cctv lenses fujian:

50mm f/1.4
25mm f/1.4
35mm f/1.7

All 3 are c mount and they come with the adapter c mount to nikon1.
Tho they have manual focus rings on them and according to the images that comes with em they look like to be able to do depth of field and etc :)

My question is:

What is a cctv lens exactly?
&
Do these lenses can do the same as the af nikkor 50mm f/1.8?

they are cheaper :p

Thanks!