GB from Savannah!

Gbutterf

Just changed my trusty D300 for a FX D600, had it about 6 weeks and two weddings!

It died during the last wedding with no access to any menu.... carried on shooting "blind" and have good results though the camera is now back in the hands on Nikon most of the shoot was done on a guess basis and faith in Nikon metering.
Asked for a full check of dust/marks on screen as well as existing problem hopefully they will install a D610 shutter as I believe that they are interchangeable. If the camera comes back with everything fixed then It will be a great camera up there with my much loved F4s
Watch this space!!!! DSC_4619.jpg

Bill16

Welcome to our home away from home! I hope your D600 comes back issue free! One day I will be upgrading to full frame Nikon too! :D

Eduard

Super Mod
Staff member
Super Mod
Welcome!! I'll be curious to see how the repair goes with Nikon.

Wow all these folks with Savannah ties can maybe give me a little advice? I'm going to be there in three weeks to celebrate my wife's birthday with friends. I've been there before (love it!) but my wife hasn't. On advice from another friend, I made birthday dinner reservations at The Olde Pink House Restaurant. Is it a good choice? Is there something better? Thanks in advance!!

Gbutterf

Thank you to all who welcomed me :)

As for restaurants in Savannah, you probably have to work hard to find a bad one, but here are some of my favorites. Garibaldi, Ruth's Chris's , Crab Shack and Sapphire Grill, and Elle
There are many more but try to avoid the touristy ones