T-Shirt Design Contest Voting!

What shirt design is your favorite?

• [img]http://attach.nikonites.com/attachments/site-news/56675d1380149365t-t-shirt-design-contest-voti

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • [img]http://attach.nikonites.com/attachments/site-news/56669d1382371012t-t-shirt-design-contest-voti

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • [img]http://attach.nikonites.com/attachments/site-news/56670d1382371045t-t-shirt-design-contest-voti

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • [img]http://attach.nikonites.com/attachments/site-news/56671d1380922519t-t-shirt-design-contest-voti

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • [img]http://attach.nikonites.com/attachments/site-news/56672d1382371134-t-shirt-design-contest-votin

Votes: 13 40.6%

• Total voters

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
Congrats to the people who submitted the top 5 entries!

Please vote for your favorite t-shirt design... Voting will be closed on Oct 27th.
See the submissions and rules here.

Attachments

• ishootpeople.png
    ishootpeople.png
    45.8 KB · Views: 371
  • Image 2.jpg
    Image 2.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 604
  • 54749d1380922519-nikonites-t-shirt-design-contest-nikonite-t.jpg
    54749d1380922519-nikonites-t-shirt-design-contest-nikonite-t.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 236
  • 53788d1380206056t-nikonites-t-shirt-design-contest-nikon-tshirt-design.jpg
    53788d1380206056t-nikonites-t-shirt-design-contest-nikon-tshirt-design.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 883
  • 53737d1380149365-nikonites-t-shirt-design-contest-nikonites-tshirt-design.jpg
    53737d1380149365-nikonites-t-shirt-design-contest-nikonites-tshirt-design.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 618

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
I realized we may have an issue with the last design. I may have a very hard time finding a printer that will print that low and on the sleeve of the shirt.

sent from my phone

Scott Murray

I realized we may have an issue with the last design. I may have a very hard time finding a printer that will print that low and on the sleeve of the shirt.

sent from my phone
It can be done, but the wording "nikonites" needs leveling. But the question remains, whats on the back?

Edit, change the right sleeve to a yellow matching sleeve, it may work easier,

Last edited:

Brandonberg

sent from my phone

If the sleeve cannot be printed, I would cut off the sleeve aperture blade. Then rotate the whole image slightly anti-clockwise allowing 'nikonites' to be levelled. The only reason I didn't level it to begin with was to keep in in line with the aperture blades. Unfortunately I won't have access to PS for about 4 more weeks until I am back in Australia so I can't alter the image for you.

-Brandon

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Brandonberg

It can be done, but the wording "nikonites" needs leveling. But the question remains, whats on the back?

Edit, change the right sleeve to a yellow matching sleeve, it may work easier,

I didn't design a back because the front was busy enough. However there is no reason that the aperture blade couldn't continue onto the back. Or insert another image, like a D800 blueprint or something.

The other reason was cost. Might be cheaper to produce without a back image, allowing us to spend more money on new cameras :) if not, go for it I say!

-Brandon

Browncoat

sent from my phone

I tried to tell everyone that when it was posted, but no one listened. You can find a silk screener who will do it, but the cost of the shirt is going to be about double what a normal t-shirt would cost. Any kind of print that goes beyond the center area of the t-shirt is going to be expensive to print. It's a neat design, but in the practical terms of selling t-shirts to promote this site, it's just not going to work. And I don't think any of the normal "submit your design and order a shirt" type sites will do a design like that.

Last edited:

fotojack

I tried to tell everyone that when it was posted, but no one listened. You can find a silk screener who will do it, but the cost of the shirt is going to be about double what a normal t-shirt would cost. Any kind of print that goes beyond the center area of the t-shirt is going to be expensive to print. It's a neat design, but in the practical terms of selling t-shirts to promote this site, it's just not going to work. And I don't think any of the normal "submit your design and order a shirt" type sites will do a design like that.

On further reflection, I'm afraid I'd have to agree with Browncoat. Perhaps we could have an alternate pick for favourite? Or, take the second place favourite as the winner.

brads

On further reflection, I'm afraid I'd have to agree with Browncoat. Perhaps we could have an alternate pick for favourite? Or, take the second place favourite as the winner.

​That would be a great shame. It's the only design that has the web address on it. Cheers, Brad :)

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Contributor
I took the liberty of seeing what the aperture design would look like if it didn't extend onto the sleeve. My apology if I overstepped my boundary! If people still like the design, perhaps the OP could submit one without the design on the sleeve?

shirt.jpg

Browncoat

Well...I propose a do-over. MULLIGAN!

We should been given a template from the place where the shirts are actually going to be printed, so we know what we have to work with. Also, some more accurate guidelines. I had a feeling these were coming from CafePress, which is why I limited my designs to something simple.

I mean, if the ultimate goal here is to actually allow people to order the shirts to promote the site, then we need to keep things within reason, or costs are going to skyrocket and no one is going to buy one.

Bill16

Though I really liked the 3d Nikon camera design shown as an example best. I voted on what was available and would fit on the space you said you could work with! :)

Last edited:

Brandonberg

This is about the amount of space on a shirt that I have to work with:
View attachment 57006

That is a pretty small area to work with and really should have been specified in the submission rules.

Have you looked at alternate printing companies? I know there are plenty of companies that do full front/back printing, sleeve and all (using alternate techniques) .

I have no access to a PC to alter my design to those specifications. If you are limited to that area only then I regret that I am going to have to withdraw my submission from the contest.

-Brandon

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
Brandon, you are absolutely right and I apologize for not making things more clear. Unfortunately given the nature of how shirts are ordered/printed (through zazzle) it isn't feasible to use another printer.

I'm thinking we will extend the entry period and redo the member voting so things can get sorted. I'll provide a template to work with this time and make sure the terms include more specific guidelines.

sent from my phone

Browncoat

Have you looked at alternate printing companies? I know there are plenty of companies that do full front/back printing, sleeve and all (using alternate techniques).

You're right, there are a lot of companies that do it. But as I've said, it's very cost prohibitive. The most anyone is going to spend for a t-shirt like this is $15-$20, which is already above what a typical printed t-shirt (purchased from Wal Mart, for example) would cost. A fully screened shirt will cost at least double that. Not to mention there are likely going to be initial setup fees. If you contact a few companies about your design, you'll quickly find that it's going to be a $40-$50 t-shirt. Joe Average forum-goer isn't going to buy one at that price. I know I wouldn't.