Greetings from Sunny Queensland!

Bobbsy

Hi All!

As it seems to be the "done thing" to introduce yourself here, I've dive in and do just that.

I'm a 61 year old retired broadcast engineer. I was born and went to school in Western Canada, moved to the UK in my mid-20s for "a year or two's adventure" and ended up staying for 31 years, and am now enjoying the warmth of sub-tropical Queensland in Australia.

I've been dabbling in photography since I was about 10, had a darkroom going by age 12 and have been snapping away ever since. Although I still have one of my two FM bodies, I made the move to digital about 14 years ago and DSLR (a D40X) about six years ago.

If I'm being honest, I've joined so I can have a photography related outlet while my health prevents me from doing much serious photography...I'm due for some heart valve surgery in a few weeks. Once that's over, just try to hold me and my camera bag down though!

Nice to meet you all!

A couple of photos so you can see what I do (and tear it apart).

Breakwaters.jpg

GrandBazaar2-1.jpg

Last edited:

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Welcome and good luck with your surgery. My mother had a heart valve replacement many years ago.

Ironwood

G'day Bobbsy, wecome to the forum. You are off to a good start- photos in your first post, thats great.

​I am a Queenslander as well, I live near Mackay, what part of the great state are you in ?

Bobbsy

G'day Bobbsy, wecome to the forum. You are off to a good start- photos in your first post, thats great.

​I am a Queenslander as well, I live near Mackay, what part of the great state are you in ?

Hi Ironwood...I'm in Toowoomba, nicely up on the top edge of the dividing range. If I could combine the dry Toowoomba climate with a beach I'd be in business!.

Bobbsy

Welcome to Nikonites. Hope all goes well with your surgery. What part of western Canada did you say? :)

Well, I was born on Vancouver Island but the family moved into Alberta when I was six--Drumheller, then Cochrane then Calgary. I went to the U of C and then worked for CFCN for a short while before moving to Red Deer, then Edmonton (CITV). It was from there I made my move to the UK.

I have fond memories of living in Calgary and the surrounding area--but was shocked to see how much it had grown when I last visited in 2009. I barely knew the place any more!